• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[6/6] "Leading a Stray" Episode Review Thread [Spoilers]

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    CHARAXES DOES BETTER THREAD OPENERS! ;_; COME BACK DAMN IT!

Personally, this episode was more on the WTF side than on the comedy side. The Stomach Joke really gets old after hearing it from Ash about a million times considering he is already a badge pig and that would make him a food pig as well but that is not the point.

And.... where the hell did Dawn get those Poffins? Seriously, I know this is a kids' show but they can't expect 5 year olds to not ask that after thinking well. Any perverted mind would assume that her skirt is secretly her bag and... no, just no.

And why Swampert!? Why not Feraligatr? With Jotho hints being dominant, a 3rd Gen Pokemon appearing like that calls for a Big Lipped Feraligatr Moment, disregard the irony that I wanted a Feraligatr to appear...

This episode deserves a 5/10. Oh god. Maybe it's the intro but Battle Dimension was better.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, it was a really boring episode, I skipped through parts of it. Also, I don't think the BGM was as good this episode, but I would rather they save it for good episodes, I suppose.

- "The boats aren't runnin'?" "runnin'" really annoyed me there for some reason
    - I still find it hilarious how it says "you know your strong" when Cyrus comes up
    - I don't know why, but I found the mecha's animation funny when they were first showing it
    - Ash falls down the hole XD
    - That was very odd music TPCI used when Team Rocket blasted off
    - TPCI's music is horrible this episode
    - Dawn: If there were ever a need for me to worry, I'd say this is it! Hahaha XD
    - "Irrrrrrrrrrrrrron tail!"
    - They're not using much silence this episode
    - Haha Venonat's voice is a bit different, but you can tell they're trying to keep it similar
    - "You're right, back off, Pikachu!" I don't know why, but that was just really funny
    - Epic TPCI music when they're in the bridge control room thing o.O Reminds me of Pirates of Carribean for some reason XD The start part of it, anyway

Music kept: (8)

Team Rocket Sneaking Theme
    Team Rocket Sinnoh Theme
    Piplup uses Whirlpool
    Luxio attacks
    Wailmer jumps in the water
    Helping Wailmer get to the top of the water
    Building the ice
    GSC Trainer Battle

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Charaxes is back for the next two weeks. Complain to Jorah next time.

∴ The gang got robbed by munchkins again.

∴ Team Rocket's mecha reminded me of a transformer, well, transforming from Scoop.

∴ Hikari mocks Piplup's manhole opening form.

∴ I thought I heard Pikachu short BGM in this episode.

∴ Piplup leads the expidition into the sewers.

∴ Wailmer doing chin ups was pretty cool.

∴ Were Pikachu and Luxio spanking Wailmer?

∴ I personally think that Venonat is still under that Wailord.

∴ I also wonder why Swampert are depicted as bad Pokémon.

∴ Why do wild Swampert always attack the gang?

∴ Swampert was finally washed away by Surf.

∴ The Control Room was randomly opened like that too.

§The Best Moment of the Episode: ¡Pachirisu appears! Hell yeah.§

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Charaxes is back for the next two weeks. Complain to Jorah next time.

I was going to say there would be no complaining in my thread, because my thread would be great. But I just checked what episode I got D:

∴ I thought I heard Pikachu short BGM in this episode.

I think it was music from one of the Pikachu shorts, but I'm not sure because I've only seen the one for the first movie. It sounds a lot like the music they've been using for Jun, which apparently comes from a short about Pichu.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    I made an account just to say how stupid Satoshi/Ash is.

So much grief and energy would be avoided if he JUST USED A DAMN POKEBALL TO CAPTURE WAILMER, AND RELEASE IT OUTSIDE.

It just feels like a stupidly cheap and artificial way to make this episode longer.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I was going to say there would be no complaining in my thread, because my thread would be great. But I just checked what episode I got D:
    Pfffffffft.

I think it was music from one of the Pikachu shorts, but I'm not sure because I've only seen the one for the first movie. It sounds a lot like the music they've been using for Jun, which apparently comes from a short about Pichu.
    It was from the Pikachu short from the 3rd movie I think. But there was this really great PUSA music during the control room moment as you've already pointed out. It was so good, I thought it was in the Japanese version.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It was from the Pikachu short from the 3rd movie I think. But there was this really great PUSA music during the control room moment as you've already pointed out. It was so good, I thought it was in the Japanese version.

It was really great, but you can still tell it was dub music since it sounded like synthesisers. The Japanese version used a track from the 8th movie from what I remember, but I think I prefer the dub music for that scene haha

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    So much grief and energy would be avoided if he JUST USED A DAMN POKEBALL TO CAPTURE WAILMER, AND RELEASE IT OUTSIDE.

Doesn't Ash have a full party of pokemon already? If he caught it, it would've been sent to Prof. Oak instead. Although there were probably openings with Dawn and/or Brock, but they weren't there at the time.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • I liked how Wailmer pulled a Piplup and tried to fly with its flippers. XD

∴ Were Pikachu and Luxio spanking Wailmer?

I guess so....

∴ I also wonder why Swampert are depicted as bad Pokémon.

∴ Why do wild Swampert always attack the gang?

Bulky pokemon types such as Scizor, Tyranitar, Nidoking, Swampert, etc are always depicted as bad pokemon. Only cute pokemon such as Pikachu, Pachirisu, Piplup are the good guys/girls. XD

§The Best Moment of the Episode: ¡Pachirisu appears! Hell yeah.§

QFT

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It was really great, but you can still tell it was dub music since it sounded like synthesisers. The Japanese version used a track from the 8th movie from what I remember, but I think I prefer the dub music for that scene haha

You're right. I just remembered that Movie 3 had no Japanese BGM.

False Flag said:
    Bulky pokemon types such as Scizor, Tyranitar, Nidoking, Swampert, etc are always depicted as bad pokemon. Only cute pokemon such as Pikachu, Pachirisu, Piplup are the good guys/girls. XD
    No really. There were instances where cute Pokémon were depicted as bad Pokémon. The most notible one being Teddiursa in a Johto episode. Big Pokémon like the Tyranitar in late Johto were shown as good Pokémon as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Doesn't Ash have a full party of pokemon already? If he caught it, it would've been sent to Prof. Oak instead. Although there were probably openings with Dawn and/or Brock, but they weren't there at the time.
    Still wouldn't be a problem, he could still transfer the wailmer back to him in a pokemon center, and still release it back to the Wailords

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • While still in Canalave City, Ash must help a group of Pokémon get a Wailmer out of the sewers of the city.

Huh? Isn't it some non-game related town called Chocovine? That's what I heard the narrator say on YouTube...

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. I really hope the writers aren't going through a transformers phase though.......

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • No really. There were instances where cute Pokémon were depicted as bad Pokémon. The most notible one being Teddiursa in a Johto episode. Big Pokémon like the Tyranitar in late Johto were shown as good Pokémon as well.

Wow, that was a real long time ago when cute pokemon were bad. I hope the D/P writers introduce more bad pokemon like Teddiursa in this saga for lols. Imo it would make sense to me since looks can be deceiving. *Hopes for bad guy/girl Espeon/Umbreon cameos*

I'm glad Wailmer got some new screentime, as when was the time it appeared, anyway?

Back in Hoenn. o_O

Btw, welcome back Mod.

Years
  • Btw, welcome back Mod.

I got lucky and got to a library computer earlier than I thought. Bah for early Episode Discussions. heh.

Anyway, yeah, I thought the last time Wailmer appeared was the episode per Hoenn League.

Also, Warped, no worries about opener threads or whatnot. I picked you to be my ED successor for a reason, as I know you're up for the task.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I
    Anyway, yeah, I thought the last time Wailmer appeared was the episode per Hoenn League.
    It wasn't in Hoenn though. It was in the Wallace Cup against Hikari's Buneary.

Also, Warped, no worries about opener threads or whatnot. I picked you to be my ED successor for a reason, as I know you're up for the task.
    You picked Jorah too. Can't forget about her since she has Bakura in a Poké Ball.

Back