• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[6/6] "Leading a Stray" Episode Review Thread [Spoilers]

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, the last time we saw Wailmer was defiantly the Wallace Cup, I've rewatched those episodes quite a few times. I don't think Wailord has been in the anime so much though, I know it was in one episode in Hoenn that was really funny, but even though the title included Wailord, you only saw it for about a minute randomly near the end, haha. I think it was called "Having a Wailord of a Time" so, obviously, it story was all about Ash's antics with a Torchic. It's one of my all time favourite episodes, though. I definitely recommend people watch it ^^

You picked Jorah too. Can't forget about her since she has Bakura in a Poké Ball.
    Only reason I was picked was so neither of you would get the Pikachu and Pochama episode XD It'll be my first time doing a dub episode discussion, so it'll be kind of cool ~

Whoaaa, who told you I like Bakura? More importantly, who told my secret? Hahaha... keeping Bakura in a Poke Ball would just be silly. There would be no point in the Poke Ball because why would you return him? You wouldn't. But then, there would be the plus side of portability...hmm...

But seriously, that's the best thing I've read. Ever. XD That's made my day. No, year XDD I choose you, Bakura ~! Huzzah for off-topic randomness.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, the last time we saw Wailmer was defiantly the Wallace Cup, I've rewatched those episodes quite a few times. I don't think Wailord has been in the anime so much though, I know it was in one episode in Hoenn that was really funny, but even though the title included Wailord, you only saw it for about a minute randomly near the end, haha. I think it was called "Having a Wailord of a Time" so, obviously, it story was all about Ash's antics with a Torchic. It's one of my all time favourite episodes, though. I definitely recommend people watch it ^^
    At most, Wailord has appeared in 5 episodes. Of course it doesn't help when you're a "humongo" whale that can't walk on land.

Whoaaa, who told you I like Bakura? More importantly, who told my secret? Hahaha... keeping Bakura in a Poke Ball would just be silly. There would be no point in the Poke Ball because why would you return him? You wouldn't. But then, there would be the plus side of portability...hmm...
    I thought it was obvious from the creepy signature. A Poké Ball is fully functional device that carries only the evilest of evil spirits from Eygpt.

My off-topic thread.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    At most, Wailord has appeared in 5 episodes. Of course it doesn't help when you're a "humongo" whale that can't walk on land.
    One of those times is Meowth dressed up as one, heh. That was pretty funny. As well as not being able to go onto land, I suppose it's not the most popular of Pokemon, so it's not exactly going to be appearing as much as Scizor or Lucario XD But a lot of the Pokemon that reside in the sea are rather more neglected than the others. Look at what happened to Misty's Goldeen and Horsea :/ Horsea is a cute Pokemon, as well. I suppose there isn't much they can do about that though, unless a new generation is based around the water. So not much screentime for Wailmer then. I'll be crying myself to sleep...
    I thought it was obvious from the creepy signature. A Poké Ball is fully functional device that carries only the evilest of evil spirits from Eygpt.

My off-topic thread.
    Is my sig creepy? No, really? XD I just thought he looked even more adorable than usual there. I didn't consider the possibility that someone might find it creepy. But now that I think about it, I suppose you could say so. How long have you thought that? Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't anyone say anything? I can't be expected to know these things XDD I didn't intend to come off as some creepy stalker person. At least you said something...eventually. Oh well. Too late. Everyone thinks that now, anyway, so I'm not changing it. Great, now I don't know whether it makes me creepier or not for not considering it to be creepy. Bakura isn't an evil spirit D: Ryou/normal Bakura is in my sig, not Yami Bakura

And don't worry, you haven't offended me or anything. I had to try really hard not to laugh throughout my ICT lesson after I read that XD I just wasn't expecting you to say that.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    One of those times is Meowth dressed up as one, heh. That was pretty funny. As well as not being able to go onto land, I suppose it's not the most popular of Pokemon, so it's not exactly going to be appearing as much as Scizor or Lucario XD But a lot of the Pokemon that reside in the sea are rather more neglected than the others. Look at what happened to Misty's Goldeen and Horsea :/ Horsea is a cute Pokemon, as well. I suppose there isn't much they can do about that though, unless a new generation is based around the water. So not much screentime for Wailmer then. I'll be crying myself to sleep...
    Well, a water based region would be nice. This would promote the Pokémon that would normally be neglected like Wailord and Horsea. What about that dead Venonat that killed itself for Wailmer? The poor thing is still probably there. And what was with that cliché whale ending with Wailord jumping out of the water?

Is my sig creepy? No, really? XD I just thought he looked even more adorable than usual there. I didn't consider the possibility that someone might find it creepy. But now that I think about it, I suppose you could say so. How long have you thought that? Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't anyone say anything? I can't be expected to know these things XDD I didn't intend to come off as some creepy stalker person. At least you said something...eventually. Oh well. Too late. Everyone thinks that now, anyway, so I'm not changing it. Great, now I don't know whether it makes me creepier or not for not considering it to be creepy. Bakura isn't an evil spirit D: Ryou/normal Bakura is in my sig, not Yami Bakura

And don't worry, you haven't offended me or anything. I had to try really hard not to laugh throughout my ICT lesson after I read that XD I just wasn't expecting you to say that.
    So many questions and assumptions. Is he on Honda's back knocked out? Or does he love him that much?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It came out. I know it doesn't lessen the damage but at least they can bury its body. xD

Are you sure? I saw a huge slab of blubber pop back out of Wailmer after the impact but I didn't see a body nor did I see that Venonat for the rest of the episode.

This actually reminds me of something though. How did Wailmer actually get stuck there? I mean, it would've had to gone through Swampert's territory but what actually dragged it down there? And the city didn't do anything about it. You would think that the group of Wailord blocking the harbor and limiting commute would've raised some interest. I'm possibly overthinking this though.

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Are you sure? I saw a huge slab of blubber pop back out of Wailmer after the impact but I didn't see a body nor did I see that Venonat for the rest of the episode.

That was Venonat. xD

This actually reminds me of something though. How did Wailmer actually get stuck there? I mean, it would've had to gone through Swampert's territory but what actually dragged it down there? And the city didn't do anything about it. You would think that the group of Wailord blocking the harbor and limiting commute would've raised some interest. I'm possibly overthinking this though.

Ignoring the fact that the area was supposed to be a sewer, water flowed into that place from the ocean, so Wailmer could simply have drifted down those waterfalls.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Ignoring the fact that the area was supposed to be a sewer, water flowed into that place from the ocean, so Wailmer could simply have drifted down those waterfalls.
    The current wouldn't be that strong though and Wailmer would've tried to get from it but when it was leaving the sewer there was no current. Swampert would've also done something to protect its territory as shown by its aggresiveness even after the group left the sewer. There are too many factors to say that it just drifted into the cave itself.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The answer to all of your questions about how 6 foot whale got into a sewer can be answered very simply:

It's a filler episode of Pokemon :D The Wailmer apparated there for the purposes of this episode. I can't believe this episode has got 2 pages XD It wasn't that great.
    What about that dead Venonat that killed itself for Wailmer? The poor thing is still probably there. And what was with that cliché whale ending with Wailord jumping out of the water?
    I...don't remember either of those things XD
    So many questions and assumptions. Is he on Honda's back knocked out? Or does he love him that much?
    And you didn't answer any of them! Nobody loves Honda -_- And he's not on Honda's back, he wasn't wearing his black trenchcoat then. That pic's from season 5, he tripped down the stairs and fainted because he said he needed food D: It was the cutest scene of anything ever though haha. Jonouchi caught him before he fell

Years
    It wasn't in Hoenn though. It was in the Wallace Cup against Hikari's Buneary.

You picked Jorah too. Can't forget about her since she has Bakura in a Poké Ball.

Really? Huh.

Well, I wanted to make you feel better, so, yeah. Oh, well, it's all good, yes?

And, yeah, Jorah, that was the reason. Heh.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Well... Not that much happened in this episode. Nice to see Ash get separated and have actually have to think, though.

Music kept: (7)

Team Rocket Sneaking Theme
    Team Rocket Sinnoh Theme
    Piplup uses Whirlpool
    Luxio attacks
    Wailmer jumps in the water
    Helping Wailmer get to the top of the water
    GSC Trainer Battle

There's also the jazzy music when they're building the ice bridge-thing.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This time I know why I missed it, I skipped through that scene XD I really shouldn't do that XD Thank you ^^ I kind of like doing it for reference, you never know when you might need the information. Probably never, but I like doing it anyway XD

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    This time I know why I missed it, I skipped through that scene XD I really shouldn't do that XD Thank you ^^ I kind of like doing it for reference, you never know when you might need the information. Probably never, but I like doing it anyway XD

Yeah, I really appreciate you for always listing how many pieces were kept. =) I'm always searching for how many pieces a certain episode used without having to re-watch the episode, so you're a big help! XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, that's great to know :D Really ^^ So it's not all for nothing. I only started somewhere near the end of DP/start of Battle Dimension if I remember correctly, before that I only mention pieces I like. I think that episode discussions are an exception to the one month rule so we can still post in them if they haven't been posted in for ages, so if I ever rewatch old DP episodes, I can put in a count for them, too ^^ Or anyone haha. I just don't like looking at my old posts much haha.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Oh, that's great to know :D Really ^^ So it's not all for nothing. I only started somewhere near the end of DP/start of Battle Dimension if I remember correctly, before that I only mention pieces I like. I think that episode discussions are an exception to the one month rule so we can still post in them if they haven't been posted in for ages, so if I ever rewatch old DP episodes, I can put in a count for them, too ^^ Or anyone haha. I just don't like looking at my old posts much haha.

That's good to know, then.

So please, keep it up! :)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Yes! I'm finally getting caught up enough that this thread isn't yet dead :D My ELoT:

- The ending to this opening still irritates me. How must Staravia and Grotle feel?
    - I love seeing Piplup get hurt :D
    - I loved that little team :D mainly cause they owned the twerps
    - Super special sexy awesome special transformation sequence GO!
    - By the way, what's with the awesome effects in the transformation sequence?
    - Maybe Piplup couldn't lift the cover because it was STANDING ON IT?
    - And now they're owning Ash too. They're awesome :D
    - Ash used Strength! The attack was ineffective!
    - Great idea Dawn! Call out the completely disobedient and occasionally dangerous Pokemon to help!
    - Sorry, Dawn, but you deserved that :\
    - It's like a collection of my favourite Pokemon...plus Luxio
    - Is Ash actually wrapping the rope with an incredibly heavy load on it around his NECK?
    - I love when Piplup fails :D
    - LOL I now love Venonat even more than I did before XD
    - Did Ash just say "I knew it would work"? When his plan would have FAILED if it were not for Luxio and Venonat?
    - That Swampert was surprisingly pathetic
    - Electronics for idiots: If you don't have the key, just zap it with an electric mouse
    - How exactly did the Nidos and Rattata help? :\
    - Swampert fails even worse than Piplup

Back