• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Memory Link

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
  • If you wanna watch memory link.There is a link video under this text.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2swP0AxYLo

Memory Link?

Spoiler:

This also gives huge development and more personalities character like Gym Leader and the proves that Gen 5 have most great development characters more than any Gen.
    But Ironic, this feature is so Underrated

So, I wanna ask you something
    What your favorite Flashback in Memory link?
    What your favorite quote from Memory link?

My Answer
    My favorite Flashback is A Triple Team
    I feel bad to Trio Striaton because everyone treats them like a joke because they do not come to N's Castle A year Ago.And that make them stop becoming Gym Leader.

My Favorite Quote is
    No matter who ya are or when ya die, bones are all that'll be left of ya. When ya think about it, it's amazin'. Even if ya die, ya can make money! Some Fossils are worth a lot, ya know!
    -Clay
    Just realized if I die, I can make the money from my bone XD
    BTW, I love Elesa's Bad pun too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Great thread! :)

It's been so long I don't remember what happened in memory link for the most part but I Honestly think it was such a cool feature and definitely not promoted enough. No other game (except maybe the Johto games) references and ties up loose ends in this way. From a selling perspective - they created the perfect thing to get people to buy both (despite the fact that the sequel was already a selling point). Seriously this is actually one of the reasons why people can't really say Fifth Gen is the worst - the fact that both games are so incredibly connected in that you'll REALLY benefit from playing the previous one.

That was sort of the case with the Johto games but honestly I started on Gold and I didn't have any issues with exploring Kanto. If anything it made me want to get those games more. Whereas here with B2W2 I really don't think B2W2 can be appreciated anywhere near enough without first exploring BW - and to me that's a really awesome thing. The memory link just cements that connection. Keep all these things in mind + the Dream World... I can't help but think these games were the most thought out at the time (maybe even overall). They didn't need to add Memory Link, but they did. I just wish they promoted it more/made it more of a start of game thing but I guess that would have confused people more...

I never caught any of N's Pokemon though I think :( I definitely remember reading how lucky people were though... and how I would think it was a shiny If any appeared!

Back