• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokemon Nova Hoenn H4X Run

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    (Due to my laptop crashed and got a factory reset the save file is deleted, therefore the run is cancelled)

Pokemon Nova Hoenn is a rom hack of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire by Punxhi05 released at 2017. It replaces Brendan & May with Max & Jenna (from Sinnoh and Unova respectively) as playables and rivals, Team Aqua is replaced by Team Yami and all gym leaders, elite four, Steven, Zinnia and Birch are replaced by other characters as well (either canon characters from other games, anime, manga or oc's). All wild Pokemon and normal trainers are randomized (except for Aarune and post game rematches with Wally, the elite four and Steven). All Pokemon that evolves by trading can evolve in another way.

The game seems to be obscure as i only heard about it earlier this year and that nobody in here has ever talked about so im the first one to do so. The game is apparently originally created in Spanish with an English version released later. All the playtroughs on youtube that i find are all in Spanish which means mine will be the first one in English.

I play the game using an emulator that im not sure i am allowed to mention as it has a useful screenshot function and it is the only way i know to play the game. I would use PkHex in order to make my life easier. I would most likely use it only to clone a pokemon and changing the species to make an item useful, to give my Pokemon a usable STAB(s) and/or legal movesets or give my self rare candies and heart scales to spare my self from grinding.

To make this LP more fun (and to spare my sanity) i decided to input a catch trainer's pokemon code. Note as this is my second playtrough i decided to only catch pokemon from trainers that i did not catch on my previous playtrough (with a few exceptions). For example a Lass has a Spoink and Seedot, Anna (my PC from the first playtrough) caught her Seedot so in my LP i can only catch Spoink. For trainers with only one Pokemon that means i must defeat it if Anna caught their pokemon before otherwise i can catch it. Note that i can catch more than one Pokemon from the same trainer.

I would also do my best to nickname every pokemon or at the bery least members of my main team. This is for story related reasons to keep the role playing feel.

As for how long i would play the game, i would play until the end of the Delta Episode as the second battle against Zinnia as that is the last battle that is not randomized. Though i might make an epilogue episode.

Also note that apparently if you patch the game all the text edits are undone... but since i did that before i know about it so i never know about the original story. If anyone can tell me the original story in detail do tell me. But at least it allows me to put in cheat codes so thats a good thing.

Note that the LP will use less screen shots than you might expect as the story is exactly the same as regular Alpha Sapphire. Instead expect more screen shots of the randomized wild pokemon and trainers mostly to show off whats available and what are you going to face against.

Episode 0: Backstory
    Spoiler:

Episode 1: Hoenn Unconfirmed! (Part 1)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    Sorry it took me more than a month for the next episode, simply put so much happened in my life i forgot about this. Anyway here is episode 1,5 (and a bonus episode to!).

Episode 1,5: Hoenn Unconfirmed (Part 2)
    Spoiler:

Mons available now Routes 101 & 103
    Spoiler:

Bonus 1: About the Nova Hoenn Starters.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    Guys you can actually post your comments in here btw. Also going to use this post to link future episodes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    A short episode but a new member of the squad shows up. Also updated the previous Mons Available now to include Hordes as they're actually available this early in the game! Also sorry for the fact that something glitched and the episode got released while in development twice.

Episode 2: Power Sleeper
    Spoiler:

Mons Available Now: Route 102
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    Less walls of texts more events. So i hope you enjoy this episode.

Episode 3: Salty Rocks, Transforming Camels and Deadly Sweepers, Oh My!
    Spoiler:

Mons Available Now: Route 104 & Petalburg Woods
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    In this episode you get to see the wonders of Nova Hoenn's custom models.

Episode 4: Shoulder Bitten
    Spoiler:

Mons Available Now: Route 116 and Rusturf Tunnel
    Spoiler:

Back