• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help! Are these Pokemon cards rare?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Hi everyone,

So i've just found my old Pokemon cards from 15+ years ago, and i'm just trying to figure out how much they are worth now to a collector.

I've got a few cards that i know are rare, but not so sure how rare.

Please could you have a look and let me know if any of these are special... I believe the Slowproke is a printing error card, as i cant see any online that have the same Pokeball holographic.

Let me know what your opinions are, any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    Lewis

Years
  • Hi everyone,

So i've just found my old Pokemon cards from 15+ years ago, and i'm just trying to figure out how much they are worth now to a collector.

I've got a few cards that i know are rare, but not so sure how rare.

Please could you have a look and let me know if any of these are special... I believe the Slowproke is a printing error card, as i cant see any online that have the same Pokeball holographic.

Let me know what your opinions are, any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    Lewis

The Slowbro is just how that era of cards did their "reverse holo/alternate holo" versions. It's not particularly rare.

Slowbro in that version is worth about $2.

Scratched up unlimited run shadowed Base Set Ninetales is worth about $9.

Shadowed Base Set Machamp (basically every printing of this card has the 1st edition stamp so it's only noteworthy when it is missing that stamp): $10

1st Edition Dark Machoke: $1.50

These are based on the conditions you have them in and skimming sold listings on eBay to kinda guess at a ballpark price.

Back