• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My new shiny hunting tool, ShinyCount+ (looking for feature ideas/requests)

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
  • Hey everyone, I haven't really been active on here in who knows how long, but I started a new project and realized this would be the perfect place to get some ideas going for it.

Some people may have seen my post from all the way back in January of last year (here) where I showed off a shiny hunting counter that I had built. Somehow that got to over 1000 downloads from the GitHub release page, which is just like... what. Looking back it seems so crappy.
    WQJMZgx.png

All that is really just to say that seeing how many people wanted a good shiny hunting counter program made me decide that I wanted to drastically improve what I had made before. I've gained a lot more programming experience since then and I'm capable of making much more complex systems, so I felt this would be a good way to put that experience to use for myself and other shiny hunters.

What I'm looking for is people to let me know what kinds of features they'd like to see in a shiny hunt counter. Already, I've created the basis for a far nicer UI that has a sort of material design feel to it and is more responsive and overall nicer to stare at.

Here's what I've got so far:
    jjo1EGP.gif

Currently planned features:
    • Implement odds for more hunting methods
    • Mark target as caught, view caught targets in nice table view
    • Set custom interval for counter (increase by more than 1 per click/key press)
    • Display current odds based on number of encounters/method being used
    • Button to enter a custom encounter value (good for picking up a hunt where you already had done encounters)

You can find the github page here: https://github.com/Syntthetix/ShinyCountPlus
    Feel free to open issues there for feature requests, or respond to this thread if you don't have a github account. Either way, I really want to be able to make this counter include all the features that other hunters really find useful and important. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes a look or gives suggestions!

Last edited:
    Back