• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about season 10/Diamond and Pearl!

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Hey, y'all, I'm new here, but I'd like your input on something. I'm currently having my own little Pokémon marathon for nostalgic reasons, I'm nearing the end of S9/the Ruby and Sapphire series, and I was told it was a good cut off point, though I wanted to end it after S8 due to the voice cast changed. However, I've liked this season more than I thought I would, plus I loved Temple of the Sea, so is it worth it to continue on to Diamond and Pearl? Without spoiling anything, could y'all maybe give me a little insight to the D&P series, and how it may be "too" different from the first 9 seasons. I've read conflicting opinions on it already. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I'm in the same position as you, only got about 7 more episodes before I move on to season 10. From what I know Sinnoh is a hot favourite among anime watchers and I do believe the VA gets better in season 10 compared to season 9. Also believe Diamond and Pearl series is some of the best you'll see of Ash before the soft reboot in the Black and White series so I'd watch it just for that alone. R&S was new to me as I'd never watched it before but I am looking forward to D&P. The VA change has taken a while to get used to though. How did you find it?

EDIT: Having watched a few episodes the VA has already improved from the previous season. Still early days of course but already looking up. One thing I've noticed is that as this is the first time I've seen these episodes I'm not to judgemental on the VA of others outside of Brock and Ash as I haven't seen them before, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I didn't prefer Diamond and Pearl because Ash got in our way.

But yes, if you start something there is no reason to not finish it. I'm biased on voice actors; I've only enjoyed the originals for Ash and Team Rocket and everyone after the originals just sounded off to me.

Back