• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

was i screwed over?

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
  • ok remember when hg/ss tcg was first released? well i went and got me a starter deck with typhlosian and a complete unopened booster pack box with all of the booster packs still in it. it cost me almost $100 and would have cost more had they not been on sale. i got these from walmart so i would be safe in assuming there legit. however, 70% of the booster cards even though the dye is correct on the front and nothing is incorrect (spelling names attacks etc.) the back has a faded look and is too dark just like a fake. remember this is the very day the cards were released. well i went to trade them in so i could get some much needed money because of life issues right now and he sat there and flat out turned them down as fake. so now im screwed out of $100 and not to mention that i cant play because he thinks all of my cards are fake.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • yes. as far as it seems everything was legit except for the back of the card die. it was too dark but it looks like a malfunction print. i have a fake i compared it to there also extremely sturdy unlike the fake. it appears nintendo screwed up or whoever made the cards. not sure. i was saving them to play with my childeren one day, but i unfortunately need the money more.

Years
  • if you look on the back of the card the border will be darker than the actual card itself i dont if this helps

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    If the cards are not fake and they were damaged in production, you can contact customer service on the pokemon.com site and they may be able to offer you some kind of refund. I know that previously when people were opening "blank" holo cards they were able to send the defective ones in to be replaced with new ones.

Back