• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Be Kind, rewind!

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years
  • What old technology do you remember that isn't around much nowadays?

The title is a reference to none other than video tapes. I was born in a mythical age before Blu-ray, instead it was just DVD or video cassettes, and I even owned my very own video tape player as a small child, with some of the first videos I collected being Pokemon tapes. I also had lots of Disney movies too and muppets, and would play with the empty video cases by stacking them and organizing 'em into towers so I could make-believe it was a doll house.

I remember nano and gigapets too, and being able to carry them around as keychains or clip them on your bag or pocket, clothes and play minigames with that virtual pet. I had a little gold colored giga pet that was a cat, which I named Dinah after the cat in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I still remember when my mom bought it for me from Toys R Us for good grades.

I also of course remember the Gameboy games, particularly game boy color and the Johto games.

Share your stories of days long gone...

Years
    • Seen today
    My family stores things into extra rooms instead of throwing them away.

So despite not being alive at all during the 1990's, I was able to experience VHS and some early-mid 90's game systems such as Gameboy Color and SNES. For some reason my family owns 3 different SNES systems. I've never inquired why. I play around with it from time to time but it's not like a dedicated pastime for me.

Since my family kept a gameboy color I ordered Pokemon Silver online and played it on a real cartridge.

As far as technology I grew up with, I was gifted a Nintendo Wii on my 6th birthday. I pretty much fell in love with the virtual console and it was all I used the system for. It's still plugged in and working, just looks slightly aged now.

Back