• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon VCGSC Help!

Years
  • Hello so first off I?m new to this forum, and I?m looking for a bit of advice, I recently purchased Pokemon Crystal on the virtual console because of the nostalgia I get playing in the Johto region. It?s been a while since I?ve played any GBC or GBA Pok?mon game, so I have become so used to the ability?s and move types on the more recent titles. I?m having some trouble adjusting to Crystal and deciding on a team and movesets for them, if anyone has any suggestions?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Lapras is something nice to have in Gen 2. Pretty solid statline for back then, gives you Surf+Whirlpool, and Ice Beam is helpful vs Clair and Lance. Though most Water types with Surf and an ice move (Ice Punch is an easily obtainable TM in this game) will work too.

A female Geodude is also pretty good, at least early in the game. Handles the first 3 gyms pretty well, plus Magnitude will auto-delete Jasmine's Magnemites.

Back