• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[HELP!] I deleted MapInfo from the Data Folder!

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    Basically, the story progresses as such:

I had an error with items not working.
    I tried to fix said error by importing all but maps from a working instance
    I accidentally deleted my mapinfo file
    I found another instance of mapinfo to replace it, restoring most of my maps

The problem, however, lies here: I am missing some of my maps still. The compiler says that they still exist, and it prompts me for definitions of the trainers therein, however, I cannot edit them in RPGmaker.

Is there any way to fix it that anyone here knows?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    If you deleted Mapinfos, then they haven't been named.
    Have you checked for unamed maps such as 'Map087'.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    My solution would be to put the unlisted maps to one side (in another folder), then in RMXP create new maps with the same IDs as the missing maps and save. Then delete the new map files and replace them with yours.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    Well, the first two ideas didn't work. I wanted to try the first one, originally, I looked and realized that it didn't delete the old files, just changed them... and the other maps simply didn't show up in the editor. Period.

I was about to try Maruno's idea when I recopied the map files into the data folder (originally, they had just been sitting there, collecting dust as I tried to figure out what happened) and lo and behold! They appeared in the editor next time I opened up an instance!

Thank you all for your help and I hope this will help others who find themselves in the same predicament.

Back