• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the best episode of the Pokemon Anime?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2017
    Obviously Pokemon XYZ Episode 38 - "Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Greatest Decisive Battle!"

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • DP188 - Battling a Thaw in Relations!

How could it not be after Ash finally manages to beat the guy that's constantly put him, his training methods and his Pokemon down, not to mention Infernape finally showing Paul why Paul should have never given up on him.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Can't Beat the Heat, season 5. The climax of the awesome battle between Ash and Gary, Ash finally beats his longtime rival, and then the great moment with Ash and Gary at the end.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Can't Beat the Heat, season 5. The climax of the awesome battle between Ash and Gary, Ash finally beats his longtime rival, and then the great moment with Ash and Gary at the end.

That one was sure good

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • For me, it's Gotta Catch Ya Later.

You've gotta admit that although this is very very sad, it still feels good to watch this episode. Unlike the newer episodes, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" gives us a tearful goodbye to Misty. May and Max's goodbye wasn't very heartfelt and in the Black and White ending it didn't seem as if a Ash really missed Iris and Cilan.
    Serena's one definitely was kind of sad, but that didn't matter much, to me at least.

In this episode, they give us a great ending.
    1. We get a sweet and gentle song from Misty
    2. We see Ash actually showing his emotions for Misty
    3. And then in the end, you come to find out the real reason Misty stayed with Ash.

These are the reasons why I liked this episode. Besides Dawn and Brock's goodbye, the newer goodbyes didn't feel the same. Especially since the newer characters didn't have a real relationship with Ash and basically felt like just plain old replacements for the departing characters, Serena being an exception, I guess..

It was also the first time television irked some real emotions in me. Sadness, that is. Wasn't able to smile for the next few days.:(

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Can't Beat the Heat, season 5. The climax of the awesome battle between Ash and Gary, Ash finally beats his longtime rival, and then the great moment with Ash and Gary at the end.

Came here to say this as well. It was a really great battle and a solid win for Ash, and some good character development for Gary as well with him accepting the loss/tying it back to their previous tie with fishing (iirc). Charizard v Blastoise was brilliant.

Years
  • There are SO many good ones but the one I find most memorable is "Go West Young Meowth" where we see Meowth's backstory. It's super sad but also very interesting. An unforgettable episode and definitely one of the best.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I liked that episode but I thought they went too long with Meowth's backstory. I didn't think it was necessary to have it be pretty much the whole episode.

Back