• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to patch .ips?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Hello guys, I just finished my LGP and LGE so I went to Pokemon Uranium. Afterwards, I decided to play a rom hack (Pokemon Advanced Adventure). I downloaded LIPS and patched the .ips to the LeafGreen rom - bearing in mind that I own the physical copy.

I used VBA to play the patched LeafGreen however the screen just went white. Then, I used No$GBA and it said "ROM image crashed".

Can someone please tell me how to properly do it coz every vid on YT isn't helping?

Thanks in Advance

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hello guys, I just finished my LGP and LGE so I went to Pokemon Uranium. Afterwards, I decided to play a rom hack (Pokemon Advanced Adventure). I downloaded LIPS and patched the .ips to the LeafGreen rom - bearing in mind that I own the physical copy.

I used VBA to play the patched LeafGreen however the screen just went white. Then, I used No$GBA and it said "ROM image crashed".

Can someone please tell me how to properly do it coz every vid on YT isn't helping?

Thanks in Advance

Did you use a Leaf Green v1.0 rom? You can check the rom by choosing Squirtle as your starter and checking that the pokedex has its species as "Tiny Pokemon" rather than "Tiny Turtle Pokemon".

If so, its pretty simple. Open Lunar IPS, choose 'apply IPS patch', choose the "Pokemon Advanced Adventure.ips" file, then the "Pokemon Leaf Green.gba" rom.

Last edited:
    Back