• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Pokémon looks special!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • My first shiny was a Spearow in Leaf Green when I was grinding to take on Misty's gym. I knew it was shiny so I got excited and I caught it to later add it on my team (I did have another Spearow but it got replaced). Unfortunately, I no longer have it because my Diamond cart corrupted.
    Coincidentally, I encountered a Shiny Spearow in LG & I too had a Spearow (boxed) already caught, but I didn't bother much about it & just used it for experience gain
    That Pokémon looks special!

Pika Pika :chu:

Reactions: faf
    Years
  • Technically my first was the Red Gyarados in the original Pokemon gold. But I didn't have a random encounter with a shiny until the next generation, where I caught a golden Rattata I named Midas. I didn't let him evolve and made a contest star out of the handsome yellow rat.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My first ever shiny was a Whismur I randomly found in Emerald when I was 13. I probably would've overlooked it or mistook for a glitch if I didn't read about what shiny Pokemon were a few days prior. It's now an Exploud and I still have to this day as part of my shiny collection. It's also how I got the Time Travel Award in Omega Ruby.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My first shiny, was in Black 2, training for the Elite 4 - encountered a shiny Mienfoo (to date the only time I ever used a Master Ball), so excited at that time it was my favorite Pokemon, 3rd favorite shiny to this day

Now she is a level 100 Mienshao which I use on occasions on Pokemon Sun

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • In all my 8 years of playing the games, I have found a total of.......no wild shinies. I do have gift shinies, but no wild ones. If while playing hacks I found about 2 wild shinies, one caught, the other I found while I had no balls.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    My first ever shiny was a Whismur I randomly found in Emerald when I was 13. I probably would've overlooked it or mistook for a glitch if I didn't read about what shiny Pokemon were a few days prior. It's now an Exploud and I still have to this day as part of my shiny collection. It's also how I got the Time Travel Award in Omega Ruby.
    That's impressive! I wish I still had my first few Shinies, their rarity was not enought to prevent me from deleting my saves because I wanted to play the game again...;^; How does this award works? Is it a Ribbon?
    My first shiny, was in Black 2, training for the Elite 4 - encountered a shiny Mienfoo (to date the only time I ever used a Master Ball), so excited at that time it was my favorite Pokemon, 3rd favorite shiny to this day

Now she is a level 100 Mienshao which I use on occasions on Pokemon Sun
    Mienfoo/Mienshao is such a good looking Shiny! It's colour is so cute and I love that Pok?mon. What are your top 2 favourite Shinies?

Years
  • Mine was a Pidgey that I hatched. I actually had to ask my husband (who'd played from the very first games) what was going on because it was a different color. I even knew what Shiny Pokemon were, but without the sparkles, it completely went over my head!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Mienfoo/Mienshao is such a good looking Shiny! It's colour is so cute and I love that Pok?mon. What are your top 2 favourite Shinies?

so cute and special meaning for me, since it was female, named it after my grandma and mother, Maria
    overall its between Umbreon and Zorua

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • That's impressive! I wish I still had my first few Shinies, their rarity was not enought to prevent me from deleting my saves because I wanted to play the game again...;^; How does this award works? Is it a Ribbon?
    The award is a certificate that you can hang in your secret base.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I didn't know shinies were a thing when Gen 2 came out. So the first random shiny I saw and caught was a Zigzagoon or Linoone in Sapphire.

Back