• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post-Post Apocalypse pokemon

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Plot Synopsis

The end came for us, but we survived. On that day a monster descended from the sky and tore city after city apart, sucking the very buildings into what seemed to be another world. People would come to call this beast Giratina, and just when it seemed all was lost, Arceus itself appeared to seal the beast back to it's own world.

Although it seemed like we would never recover when we looked at the ruins around us, eventually people banded together and crafted a life for us again. Now many cities have been almost restored to a level before the fall. Most of us no longer struggle to survive, and several live lives of luxury once more. Now we worry about who will lead our land of Lorenth, as several factions fight for control of the cities. Potentially even more dangerous, a cult devoted to Giratina appears to have emerged, with plans to release it from it's prison once more.

Factions

Several groups fight for control of Lorenth, but the largest and most notable are:

Lorenthian Defense Force: What little that remained of the old government granted full power to the LDF during the fall. Strong and organized, the LDF managed to rebuild much of the capital, Garnet City, very quickly after the fall. However, their reach has been small, and reconstruction of the areas outside of the cities has been slow in their territories. Detractors fear this may be signs of potential corruption in the LDF, as well as worry over the fact that a new president hasn't been elected yet, while the General remains in full control.

The People's Liberation Army: The PLA existed as an idea of government critics and reformist before the fall, however it's current state only came around after Giratina's arrival. Formed mostly of LDF detractors, the PLA pushes for a more equal society, free from government meddling and protecting of the rich. They're the primary rebuilders of the city of Quartz Falls, and have influence over the largest area. Some worry that the PLA is too overextended, however, and are unable to protect the lands they currently own, as well as the group being too disorganized without a solid plan.

Knights Radiant: The Knights are the devout followers of Arceus, and the youngest of all the factions. After the sealing of Giratina, many sought to return to the simple life and followed in the footsteps of the religious orders of old. Very organized and full of zeal, the group has provided immense support for those living outside of the cities, and have turned the ruins of Spinel into a city for the faithful. Most Knights live without luxury, several going as far as disregarding modern vehicles, electricity, and live off the land. Several detractors worry about the blurring between government and religion, and fear tyranny under the knights.

The Merilli Family: The Merilli's shady past is no secret, the family was once the biggest crime ring in Lorenth. However, the fall seems to have potentially turned a new leaf for the family. The family rebuilt the port of Jade Cove, and provided a safe haven for many fleeing the destruction following the fall. Their lands are small, but highly policed, and offering support for many outside of the city as well. But not all are convinced that the family really has changed, and wonder what goes on outside of the city.

The Reavers A cult that has sprung up devoted to freeing Giratina. Although they hold no land, their influence can be felt throughout the region. In recent times they seem to have started attacking the other factions, and have been branded terrorists by many. Their core tenets appear to be a belief that Lorinth is meant to be destroyed by Giratina, and the other world is a paradise for those who assist it. Little is known about their leadership.

Misc. Information:

If there is interest, I plan to start in a neutral city and let the plot evolve from there.

I'm more of a fan of free form battles with little rules over very strict rules, but will be on the lookout for abusing the system. I am also up for suggestions on how to better manage battles.

I plan to just GM and play the antagonist, but may join in a limited manner if things are slow.

I do expect this to be a mature RP.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love a really good post-apocalyptic story, especially when it deals with power struggles. If this does go up, I would be interested :)

Back