• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Just added the Snorlax event, which marks the end of the beta as far as gameplay goes.

From what I understand, it is safe to save inside of Pokecenters now but this needs more testing, because my savestates still break when I make them in centers, can not confirm for actual saves yet.

Now for all the fun internal stuff and bugfixes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Hi, hoping your project is going well. It looks really nice. I have many question about these game.

1. Is there any evil team in the game, like team rocket or skull?
    2. How many routes, cities and island will there be in the game?
    3. Will have an elite four and a league champion?
    4. Which legendary pokemon are you going to get into the game?

Thank you and keep working well!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Hi, hoping your project is going well. It looks really nice. I have many question about these game.
    1. Is there any evil team in the game, like team rocket or skull?
    2. How many routes, cities and island will there be in the game?
    3. Will have an elite four and a league champion?
    4. Which legendary pokemon are you going to get into the game?
    Thank you and keep working well!

Hi.

1. Team Rocket (Jessie and James, Butch and Cassidy)
    2. so far there are about 30 islands in the main game, with even more in post game
    3. no and yes. The orange crew serves as an E4 and gym challenge with only one champion match at the end.
    4. Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Marshadow (in celebration of the new movie coming out)

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Hello! Good luck on your work!

Here's my suggestions for you to develop your game:

1. In order to make the game like the official Pok?mon games, why don't you put as starters Pansage, Pansear and Panpour? Thus you could get a grass, fire or water pok?mon as a starter, without conflicting with the official games :)
    2. Since the orange islands in the anime are only using kanto and johto pok?mon, i think that you should restrict to those pokemon. Which pok?mon besides these ones are you going to consider in this game?
    3. Why don't you put a machine in your pok?mon center that lets you evolve pok?mon that can only evolve by trading? Like a trading machine for yourself :P

Keep up the great work, and I truly hope you finish this game :)

Best regards,
    Pokemaniaco

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Hello! Good luck on your work!

Here's my suggestions for you to develop your game:

1. In order to make the game like the official Pok?mon games, why don't you put as starters Pansage, Pansear and Panpour? Thus you could get a grass, fire or water pok?mon as a starter, without conflicting with the official games :)
    2. Since the orange islands in the anime are only using kanto and johto pok?mon, i think that you should restrict to those pokemon. Which pok?mon besides these ones are you going to consider in this game?
    3. Why don't you put a machine in your pok?mon center that lets you evolve pok?mon that can only evolve by trading? Like a trading machine for yourself :P

Keep up the great work, and I truly hope you finish this game :)

Best regards,
    Pokemaniaco

1. Whats wrong with Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle?
    2. Very few other pokemon are in the game, but some of the evos added in gen 4 like Mantyke, Lickilicky and such are in here. There are a few new mons like Tortunator. I won't be changing these as long as they fit in the environment.
    3. I will most likely be adopting Polished Crystal's evolution methods for Orange.

Thanks for the comments :)

Also, the beta 1 scripting is complete. just some bug fixes, titlescreen assembly and moveset editing and it will be ready for playing.

Years
    • Online now
    I like the Kanto starters too and that's a bad idea to put the 3 elemental monkeys as starters. One, you need stones to evolve them and leveling in between places is easy but statwise they aren't strong Pokemon at all unevolved and the earliest you can get stones is Sunburst Island and that's a ways into the game. Not saying that they can't be in there but not as starters.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Will you add decapitalization and the Special/Physical split? It's hard to go back after the official games and other hacks.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • It's currently up to Grapefruit Islands, fully scripted. Got one annoying palette bug with Snorlax that we can't seem to identify. Still have to fix some pokemon like Wailmer but can release very soon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I really like this hack, hope you'll complete it.
    I love gbc graphic :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey what is the discord address anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out lol

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Beta 1 is available here!

JE6tgLI.png
    uar8FQ2.png
    JhZQo4r.png
    tqLLQto.png
    xOum4Ga.png
    NqlM5Cg.png

A graphical bug that should be noted, certain Pokemon are pink for no reason, the effect seems to go away at certain hp values and seems to happen at random levels, can only assume there is data overflow somewhere. Beta end right after 2nd gym, which is half the orange islands journey! Next beta won't be out until the entire region is complete. Enjoy!

Back