• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon movies ideas

Years
Hello! I just saw an old thread about pokémon needing a movie, and would like to revive that topic. What pokémon would you like to see as a main role in a movie, and what would you want to see happen ?

Here is mine :
I would like a movie in which a Gardevoir is betrayed by the one she had considered her Master, a former member of Team Plasma (the ones who claimed to be wanting to free all pokémon from their trainers). Full of scorn and anger, she would enact a plan : Assemble an army of pokémon in order to really do that (forcefully if needed) and ultimately, have pokémon rule over humans.

Ash, Pikachu and co would find themselves in the middle of this, and through their bond, would finally manage to convince the Gardevoir and her followers to let their wrath behind and take a new path : To work with humans in keeping watch and protecting people and pokémon alike from abuse.

Edit : Wrong Team... fixed.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Hello! I just saw an old thread about pokémon needing a movie, and would like to revive that topic. What pokémon would you like to see as a main role in a movie, and what would you want to see happen ?

Here is mine :
I would like a movie in which a Gardevoir is betrayed by the one she considered a master, a former member of Team Galaxy (the ones who claimed to be wanting to free all pokémon from their trainers). Full of scorn and anger, she would enact a plan : Assemble an army of pokémon in order to really do that (forcefully if needed) and ultimately, have pokémon rule other humans.

Ash, Pikachu and co would fond themselves in the middle of this, and through their bond, would finally manage to convince the Gardevoir and her followers to let their wrath behind and take a new path : To work with humans in keeping watch and protecting people and pokémon alike from abuse.

A movie involving Gardevoir would be great, especially considering that it is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon. I would definitely watch and enjoy that movie idea you came up with. Everything aligns with the lore, with Gardevoir being a Pokémon that protects. I love the interesting dynamic of Gardevoir being corrupted because of her association with Team Galaxy. The best part is that it is based around a regular Pokémon, not a legendary, and it still sounds great. I like it a lot.

As for mine, personally, I would want a better movie involving Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem compared to the ones that we've gotten. Essentially, I imagine that within a land in Unova, its inhabitants worshipped a powerful dragon with godlike power. Within their land, the inhabitants valued the truth more than anything else in the world, which included honesty towards their loved ones, accepting the truth to correct any problems in their lives, and basing their political views solely on the truth, helping them advance their land and keep it peaceful and healthy. In other words, it was ideal for everybody to value the truth. As a result, the people of the land live peacefully until, one day, one of the inhabitants get corrupted by their own selfish ideals and wants to rule the land for themselves by gaining control of the godlike dragon instead of worshipping it. As a result, they form their own cult-like team that convinces many of its inhabitants for the same ideals. Considering that the dragon is based upon these concepts and the philosophical structure that the land once had crumbled, the dragon eventually splits into separate dragons that became known as Reshiram and Zekrom. Afterwards, a civil war breaks out within the land in a battle between truths and ideals. Those that side with truth use the power of Reshiram to destroy areas with people that don't value the truth, and those that side with their own ideals use the power of Zekrom to destroy areas with people that don't share the same ideals.

Ash and his friends eventually travel to this land wanting to engage in the gym challenge here on his quest to become a Pokémon master, but when he arrives, he instantly learns that the land is in turmoil. Of course, Ash being Ash, he and his friends attempt to stop the warring going on by sending out their Pokémon to stop Reshiram and Zekrom's rampages, but they easily get defeated because the dragons are just too powerful. Afterwards, they eventually meet peaceful lorekeepers that value both truth and ideals that offer assistance by telling the story of the original dragon. They mention that, according to the myths, the original dragon can split into three different dragons, with one known as Kyurem. As a result, they believe that Kyurem has the power to stop the war between Reshiram and Zekrom. After traveling to The Great Chasm, Kyurem challenges Ash to battle and, after impressing it, Ash and his company learn that it wants to become whole again. Thus, Kyurem teams up with Ash and company to help take down Reshiram and Zekrom on its quest to become whole again and stop the war in the process.

I would love to see a Pokémon movie based on this story. It's based loosely on the lore between these Pokémon. I believe it has a lot of potential to be much better than what we got instead.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Both of these movies idea sound great. I like the idea of Gardevoir showing just how much it hurt pokemon when the evil team wanted to liberate them. I personally hated how they were trying to feel noble by doing what was done, but they treated pokemon as if they were no more than animals and we all know pokemon are far more intelligent than animals.

I also like the idea of the Unovan Dragons having a better story. I disliked both BW Movies and Swords of Justice even though these pokemon were my favorites. I was EXTREMLY disappointed with Swords of Justice though and one of the few pokemon movies that felt like a waste of time to watch and that is coming from someone who is a giant Unova Fanboy.

As for me, my movie would be canon because I am not a huge fan of movies coming out and then not canon to the show or manga. This has gotten better over the years. This would also be a longer movie if not a series similar to the Sinnoh Movies. It would also be similar to Hoenn Movies where other characters besides Ash took front in center. Like Manaphy in

Main Cast - Ash, May, Serena and Clemont (Maybe Max and Bonnie)
Main Pokemon - Manaphy, Melottea, Victini, Zeraora, Lugia, Ho-oH, and Absol

During their preparation for the biggest event of their lives, May and Serena, now friends. Have been looking for new pokemon that might give them an edge in their performances. Serena herself lacks pokemon and wishes to catch for so she doesn't wear all her pokemon out. Both May and Serena think of Ash and ask him for help who is visiting Clemont at the time who gives Ash a Light Ball amulet for Pikachu. When Serena and May call, Ash agrees right away and Clemont asks if he can come as well.

While sleeping near the coast and Ash gets a telepathic message in his head asking for help. Ash jolts awake, causing Pikachu to shock everyone. When they recover, an Absol appears before them. But it isn't just a random Absol, but the same one that May and Ash had previously encountered in Forina during the Millennium Comet Festival.

The first movie would be mostly May and Manaphy.
Spoiler:

The second movie would be centered around Clemont and Zeraora.
Spoiler:

The Third movie would focus around Serena and Meloetta.
Spoiler:

The final movie would be based around Ash and Victini.
Spoiler:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Another thread that I feel could use a bump. (and totally not because I actually have a cool idea for something like this or anything...)

I think a whole series of shows ending with a movie could be made it a PMD style 'from the perspective of the Pokemon' setting, where humans and things exist, but don't star in it at all. In which it would follow a group of Pokemon trying to stop 'big bad' from being 'big bad', but here's the catch, it's a mature rated series (and no, I don't mean mature as in '''adult themes''', sickos) that focuses on Pokemon actually being damaged and killed in fights, none of that 'he survived getting crushed, shocked, blown up, burned and had a hole blown through him with nothing but the power of friendship!' kind of stuff. Seeing how they cope with one of their teammates getting seriously hurt and not just saying 'better get to that Pokemon center!' but actually having to deal with it. Pokemon are killed in that world all the time, (at least in the Dex entries) so why can't people who did grow up watching the anime series get to see the world in a more grown up way? I can try to elaborate on this if anyone actually cares, but I just wanted to mostly put the idea out there that something like this could exist if it was done the right way. (plus I'm interested to see what anyone else that sees this thread might think would make a good movie, it's a cool topic idea)

Days
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
Here it`s my movie idea.

it would take in Kanto region sortly after the end of Pokémon: To Be a Pokémon Master, it`s ordnery day in Pallet Town until strange person appear Throw a Pokeball and out came a Pokemon that was different and ran towards Professor Oak's lab, attacked other Pokemon, Professor Oak discovered there was something different about the Pokemon, it had an invisible dark aura and soon after came the strange people with a strange machine which caused the Pokemon in Oak's lap to behave strangely and make a fuss in the lab, soon after the strange people disappeared with Pokemon that had invisible dark aura. Oak decided to call the other professors and trainers to find out what happened and find out what is wrong with the Pokemon in the lab.

characthers from anime and movies would appear, Rui and Wes would appear, Ash would appear now and then.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I might get in trouble for this since it is only tangentially related:

"You want a live action Pokémon series because of the live action One Piece...

"I want a live action Pokémon series, so I can see the skyline surrounded by a volcanic crater just like Sootopolis City!

"We are not the same!"

--Me if I was Gus from Breaking Bad (it's a meme)

(Meme Over) Seriously, I was playing Pokémon Sapphire multiple times as part of the monotype challenge in another thread, and every time I get to Sootopolis City and talk to the NPCs, I'm like, "Holy dang, I wish I could see that in a live action movie!" Maybe one day I'll watch the Hoenn portion of the anime and get to see it, but it definitely won't be as spectacular as a (live action or animated) theatrical movie.

Back