• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting anew and trading after March

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Hey, I had a couple questions.

I'm looking to buy a 3DS and play through the games from FRLG onwards on DS/3DS. However, I'm concerned after the online 3DS store closes later this month, I won't be able to install Pokemon Bank/Transporter on a new 3DS as I've heard new purchases won't be possible.

Does anyone know if there'll be any way I can trade my Pokemon between my games and to Home? It seems kind of pointless to play through this way if I can't trade my Pokemon onwards.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Knows of no way without Pokemon Bank, unfortunately. Needs to download it (and ideally the Poke Transporter) before the E-shop closes. Continues working if you do manage to download it in time.

Could technically transfer Pokemon if you have access to someone else's 3DS with Pokemon Bank on it. (Edit: Plus either physical cartridges or a compatible game for your digital version to trade to.) Allows transfers from Person A's Bank to Person B's Home, albeit without the quicker Mass Transfer option. Doubts that to be a good solution for most people, however.

Last edited:
    Back