• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 8! Emblem Sketchers Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years

PokéCommunity Get-Together 8

Emblem Sketcher's Competition

Introduction

Have you always wanted one of those shiny emblems you see everyone has? And do you have an amazing idea for an emblem? Well here is your chance to make one! ThePokéCommunity's Get-Together 8, will host The Emblem Sketchers Competition, giving all of those who are interested, a chance to create a shiny emblem they can share with everyone, or just show off that they can make an emblem as shiny as the staff of PC does.

Event Hosts-

Elite Four Lucian

Charizard★
Galukxy

Event Start & Deadline

12:00 AM EDT (4 AM GMT) on Friday July 15 and ends 11:59 PM on Monday July 18, each entry will be reviewed by the hosts, then the Top 3 will be submitted to PC Staff for choosing the winner.

Event Rules

1. We will allow three submissions for each participant, no more, no less.
2. All PC Rules and Guidelines must be followed.
3. Emblems MUST be 80x80, no bigger then that will be accepted.
4. All Entries MUST be submitted by July 18th at 11:59 PM.
5. If you have any questions, PM Myself, or the other hosts, or post in this thread.
6. Have Fun and may the best design win!
7. Please post all three of your entries in this thread, do not PM them to us.

Emblem Submission Template

Code:
[B]Emblems Theme:
Emblem URL (Please save entries as: .jpeg, .PNG, or .jpg):
Emblems Size (80x80 is the Required Size):
Emblem Description:[/B]

Emblem Theme

For this event, participants may create 3 differently themed Emblems, the themes for these will be as follows.

Pokémon Theme - Create an Emblem reflecting your love for a Pokémon, or a Pokémon you may favorite. It could also be a Pokémon you and a loved one share, there are no restrictions on this theme.
Milestone Achievement Theme -
Create an Emblem that reflects a recent milestone achievement you think someone on PC could achieve, such as; Being on PC for 5 years, Participating in 5 PC Get Togethers in a row, or even being an accomplished battler, it is your choice, no restrictions for this theme.
Outstanding Emblems -
Create an Emblem that reflects something that someone on PC may do, such as; Use the most smileys in a post, or Win 100 Battles in a row in the Wi-Fi Room. No restrictions for this theme.

* Remember, each participant may create THREE Emblems, there choice of design, they do not need to be One for Pokemon, One for Achievement and One for Outstanding Achievement, they can all be the same, or be different it is up to you. *

Awards

Seeing as how many of you will be designing an Emblem, we want to reward you for your hard work and dedication in making an Emblem, so the TOP 3 Emblems will be rewarded an Emblem Below, upon the PC Staffs discretion.

winner.png

Professional Artist
Congratulations, you came in 1st place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

2ndplace.png

Upcoming Artist
Congratulations, you came in 2nd place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

participant.png

Debut Artist
Congratulations, you came in 3rd place in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

participant-1.png

Beginning Artist
You didn't quite make it in the top three places, but thanks for participating in the Emblem Sketcher's Competition in the 2011 Get-Together!

The lucky person who places 1st will also receive the Emblem Maker emblem, upon staff discretion.

(Emblem's & CSS layout made by:
Charizard★)

Event Details:

When the clock hits 12, start creating your emblems, remember to read the rules and the Themes you may create. Your deadline is July 18th at 11;59 PM, we will not accept any late submissions unless granted by PC staff. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask a host, or to simply post in this thread.

On behalf of the host's of the Emblem Sketchers Competition, we would like to wish you all good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Years
My emblem skills are a little rusty today, but here are my entries :D

Pokémon Theme
2h50eb5.jpg

Given to those who have proven their favorite pokemon is an underused one

Milestone Achievement Theme
10youqd.jpg

Given to those who have a large ammount of VM's or have three times or more VM's than their posts

Outstanding Emblems
nf1e85.jpg

Well they have an emblem for good profiles, why not one for signatures too?

Heres what they'd look like on my profile :)
hurrah for haxoring pages coding \o/

2ur5tw3.png

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Only Milestone Emblems:

S0 M@ny F0nts.
picture.php

You love your fonts don't ya, better not touch my fonts though..

(People who use lots of different fonts in their posts.)

Transformers, dittos in disguise!
picture.php

You change styles as quick as a transformer; Bumblebee is jealous.

(For users who change styles/themes/avatars/signature constantly. but quicker than normal.)

I LOVE BIG TEXT.
picture.php

Seriously, my eyes are already dying from macula degeneration.

(For users who use lots of capital letters or large text sizes. 5+)

Note: You can visit my album for the link or the image. =)

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Here are my emblems I thought out...it took the plenty of time to think of the right ones really.

-Outstanding Emblem
Old Fashioned Artist
picture.php

May you pass on the old style of paper and pencil....forget colors!
(For those who sketch or draw very well in black & white)

-Outstanding Emblem
Accident Prone
picture.php

Where ever you go, something will always happen......
(For those who make obvious mistake too many times like skipping instructions, etc.)

-Milestone Achievement Emblem
Pokecommunity Honor
picture.php

Oh you're still on, did you get any sleep at all?
(For staying logged on 24 hours straight)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Outstanding Emblem Category

Zippiest Trader
167uqeh.png

You can't just trade, you have to trade at breakneck speed!

(for people who are regulars on the Quick Trade thread)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Pokemon Theme~

Green Thumb
You seem to love almost every grass-type out there...maybe it's time to use a different type for your party?
(Given to those who totally love grass-type Pokemon like me for example. xD)

Milestone Achievement

Tier 6 Supporter
You reached the highest of the supporter tiers! Thanks for your continued donations and keeping PC running!
(Given to those who reach Supporter Tier 6)

Outstanding Emblem

The Replies Keep Comin'!
Your introduction thread/returning thread had so many replies, you probably need a bigger mailbox.

(I sorta had this idea for a while. I don't mind giving this a try for this contest. This emblem is given to those new members that have more than 15 replies in their thread, or returning members that have more than two pages.)

All emblems are 80x80, and they are all linked.

Years
Emblems Theme: Pokémon Theme

mewtoo.png

Mew, too?
You're a lover of all Legendary Pokémon and you aren't afraid to show it!

(This would possibly be for users that have legendary-themed avatars/sigs/profiles. Plus, I thought it had a pretty clever name :P)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Emblems Theme: Pokémon Theme
mistyemblem.png

Emblems Size (80x80 is the Required Size): 80x80
Emblem Description: Given to people who are massive Water type Pokemon/Misty fans.

Emblems Theme: Milestone Achievement Theme
superstar.png

Emblem Description: Given to those who are known by almost everyone at PC and shines out like a star in the sky.

Emblems Theme: Outstanding Emblems
halloffameemblem.png

Emblem Description: Given to those who complete a Hall of Fame Challenge.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well I have two done as of now so I'll try to get the last one in before Midnight.
Hm... I took a different approach then the others with my Pokemon themed emblem.

Pokemon/Outstanding Emblem:
I Proudly Present you..
FanGameEmblem.png

So wait, YOU made this game? You are your team make Game Freak look like armatures.
[Successfully finish the production of a fan game/hack. Given to everyone on the development team]

Milestone/Outstanding Emblem:
GFX Mogul
GraphicBattleWinnerEmblem.png

You proved your graphic skills to be worthy and won 10 battles in the Graphics Forum. Just cut down on the sparkles.
[Win at least 10 Graphic Battles in the Graphics & Photography forum]

Years
28wj8i.png
Back to the Beginning
There is no such thing as Gen 2. or 3. or anything more. they are RUMOURS.

(rewarded for being addicted to gen 1.)

14cdxtx.png
Counting games. Is that really all you do?

(rewarded for playing loads of games like TCTI, Boys vs. Girls, etc.)

EDIT: Darn...:(

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yay, I am so pleased. But which one got my third place? XD; also congratulations to the Meganium and Twilight Sky! Fantastic works guys; not to mention everyone else who participated. :D

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Congrats to the winners, it was a hard choice, but these were the three who win, but don't forget, the final judgeing is up to an admin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back