• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    when i expand my dex all pokemon names after unknown are just "TEMP" and even if i change it and save, it still stays "TEMP"

EDIT: I actually cant change any of pokemon names.. do i have to change something in hex editor or something ? im new to this but i want 4th gen pokemons in FR but dont know how to do it so please help :/

EDIT 2: I found the solution, i was saving tabs instead of "save all"

but on the other note after i choose habitat for my pokemon i got error ..
    and bulbasaur knows no moves just uses "STRUGGLE".. any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    I recently found out about this tool, and attempted to open it. However, I get this error:

I checked - it is indeed a PNG file. Furthermore, looking up the error itself lead me to believe that I need to copy some files over from a folder named "dist"...which I do not have at all.

This is a Windows 8 laptop; is it compatibility or something else I'm doing wrong?

I don't think it's related to Windows 8. I'm using Windows 8.1 and I don't get that kind of error.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    If you want to expand Advance Map to show up all your expanded pokemon in the wild editor:

1. Download HxD and install it
    2. Open Advance Map .exe in HxD
    3. Go to address D027C
    4. You see 9C, that's 156. Don't worry, this is the end 156.
    5. After that you have 28 extra entries (after Chimeco), bad egg (1), all unowns except for A (27). Then you have to add the amount of pokemon you added to that number, for instance 10. Which makes it 38.
    6. Add the 38 to the 156. This makes 194.
    7. If the above number is above 255, you have to use a different method.
    8. Go to .. and scroll down, find your number (for instance 194) and read what's the hex, in this case hex C2.
    9. Change the 9C in C2.
    10. Save it and open Advance Map.
    11. You can select your pokemon for wild pokemon!

thank you for that, it does work however, what should i do if i have more than 255 pokes.. i added whole 4th gen pokes..

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Just Change the added Value to the number of your overall pokemon.

well i have 494 pokemon which makes it 1EE .. so how do i put that in hxd ? there are always pair of numbers, like c3 , ff etc. so how do i put 3 of those together ?
    im not good at this sorry if this are bad questions ..

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • thank you for that, it does work however, what should i do if i have more than 255 pokes.. i added whole 4th gen pokes..

You would have to do some research on that. I still haven't found a way to use an extra byte. Also, when changing the first value, the pokemon data is messed up and will give you load of non-pokemon data as pokemon.

As soon as I find a way I'll be more happy to share it, but for now I got better things to do in life. I'm sorry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    You would have to do some research on that. I still haven't found a way to use an extra byte. Also, when changing the first value, the pokemon data is messed up and will give you load of non-pokemon data as pokemon.

As soon as I find a way I'll be more happy to share it, but for now I got better things to do in life. I'm sorry.

i found a way i think.. when u make decimal in hexadecimal you just put it in hxd in this order: (2nd number ; 3rd number) , (0 ; 1st number)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Uhh... I got this error. How would I go about fixing it?
    1814aa58ce5b573ca5e868f22adf96cd.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    hmmm.. using this tool everything works fine, except one thing.. I made eevee evolve to umbreon with moon stone but when i use it on EEVEE nothing happens.. it says "HUH" and stops..
    YES I ENABLED the evolutions with MISC.EDITOR and i even evolved pokemons i made with expand dex option.. i also evolved eevee to vaporeorn easy, but i just cant evolve it to umbreon or espeon..
    what can i do to fix it ?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    hmmm.. using this tool everything works fine, except one thing.. I made eevee evolve to umbreon with moon stone but when i use it on EEVEE nothing happens.. it says "HUH" and stops..
    YES I ENABLED the evolutions with MISC.EDITOR and i even evolved pokemons i made with expand dex option.. i also evolved eevee to vaporeorn easy, but i just cant evolve it to umbreon or espeon..
    what can i do to fix it ?

I found a bug where 'trade item' means evolution stone and stone means 'trade item' maybe that's where your problem is?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    I found a bug where 'trade item' means evolution stone and stone means 'trade item' maybe that's where your problem is?

will try but i checked stones for others pokemons and it is stones not trade item.. :s

well when i try to use a sun stone it says, it wont have any effect..
    it also appears i cant use stones for the ones that are manualy made by me.. i can easy evolve nidorina into queen but not for eevee to umbreon.. hmm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2020
    Firstly, thanks for the tool, is really awesome and useful. However, I've inserted a pokémon (editing stats, moveset and MT's that can learn) and I have this error while trying to open the same ROM again.

"Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error ocurred trying to read move #430. The current number of moves is 354."

I didn't insert any move though. I tried to change the number of moves in the .ini, but the number of "trying to read move" only increases more and more. After that the ROM is opened normally and I can edit the pokémon, the inserted one included, but the 'Mon expander button has disappeared. I'm using FR (E) with JPAN engine, can somebody help me?

PS: It seems that I have edited Bulbasaur's moveset at editing the one of the new pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    So on an off-chance of being in need of help, I thought I'd post here that the suite doesn't want to work right? I reappoint 0xAC so that the new rom ID is MrDS, then when I load the rom in the suite I get an error saying "The game code of this rom is MrDS however its rom id, 0000, tells me that the I should load a section of ini with gamecode BRPE. Logically, if these don't match, I will be trying to load from the wrong offsets. Would you like to continue loading?" etc etc (I'd post a screenshot but there's some idiotic rule about not posting links until 15 posts). So when I click yes, nothing happens, though. Any reason/fix/etc?

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2015
    Awesome work on this karatekid! I wil be surely using this on my hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    I hope here are still some people which help me.

I can save my sprites, but if i change to another pokemon it says
    "Error loading sprite date....
    Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load. The image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer 948fdb08 for shiny palette"

What im doing wrong?

Back