• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • hi, I've been working on inputting some gen 4 and 5 pokemon in the spaces of existing gen 2 and 3 ones I dont plan on using. The idea is to save time by not having to expand the pokedex, and only having to enter the 70ish gen 4/5 mons I plan on using

the issue I am having, is that when I repoint the moveset (to get the correct # of gen 6 moves the new pokemon will have) it screws up some of the other pokemons movesets

for example. I changed quilava to have a moveset of 16, as I plan on turning this pokemon into monferno, and it has corrupted chimchars moveset (in the space of cyndiquil), and shifted typhlosions as well, adding in moves to its moveset unlocked at level 115 even

sorry if Im not explaining the situation well

the error I am now getting for chimchar's tab is the "trying to load move 511, there are only 510 moves" one. But it is just happening to chimchar, and only after I repointed monferno's moveset to have less moves. And also this has changed the movesets of other pokemon who are past monferno in the pokedex

Years
  • I am trying to add a Pokemon but need getting issues. If I use the data after celebii I can't get the pokedex information to save. If I expand no other programs pick up on the new Pokemon

Years
  • hello guys , i am adding new moves in my rom. using this tutorial http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135

I can't get Gen3 Suite to read my additional moves.

Even changing the rom.ini in Gen3 to reflect my new configuration gives the error "Trying to read move #357. the current number of moves is 354"

I changed PokeRoms.ini in Gen3S but i did not found the location of attackdata offset. that i see in other tools. Anything i can do to fix this :?
    attacknames =
    numberofattacks =

Thanks. : D

If you're just expanding the moves, why won't you try G3T. It automatically reads data for the added moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    SORRY if this problem has already been addressed but when i open rom now i get an error with the ini and when "fixs" it screwed up all my evolution's so no pokemon evolve any more some have weird evolutions like squirtle evo into ivysaur at 16 please can you help me fix this this my third time around and had to stop 2 because of this error

Years
  • I'm having a problem with the app for the Mac's verison. Whenever I click on the Application, it says, "Failed to load image from, 'Resources/Icon.png' I'm not sure what's wrong.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I'm having a problem with the app for the Mac's verison. Whenever I click on the Application, it says, "Failed to load image from, 'Resources/Icon.png' I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Just a slight error with the unzip on a mac. Just copy both files in the dist folder to the main Gen_III_Suite (MAC) folder, and it should be able to run.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    I hope I'm not asking too late, but...
    Does this run on Windows 8 at all? I tried different compability modes, but the Gen_III_Suite.exe just doesn't do ANYTHING for me.

I downloaded the Gen_III_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip and unzipped it in its own folder. Did I skipped or miss something here? There's no readme or anything.

I couldn't find anything about my problem on google or anything. Just one post on this forum about how it doesn't run... and a reply that says that it does run on his Windows 8.1.
    The only other thing I found is that an older version would just delete itself when run on Windows 8.

Any help?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I'm having the same problem on my Windows 8.1 computer.

I've tried using compatibility mode but it doesn't help.

When I click on the program it won't open and I get this:
    10: 13: 48: can't open file 'Resources\IconTiny.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
    10: 13: 48: Failed to load image from file "Resources\IconTiny.png".

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I had a problem loading it when I removed the application from its original folder: however, as long as it is kept in the folder it was unzipped in with everything that came unzipped with it it will run just fine.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    which is the difference if i repoint sprites with 0xff or not??? idk if change something or i win more free space... plz tellme

Years
  • I have a problem with adding sprites. I'm trying to add a sprite for Magnezone, but the palette keep changing to random colours when i add the sprites (not completely random colours, but the antenna for example is grey instead of yellow). Also, when i add the back sprite, it changes colour again. Could it be that Magnezone has too many colours?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    hi i have a problem with my rom hack when i open it it says the evolution table is different or missing when i try to fix it it messed up all my revolutions so is there away to create a costume ini based of your rom hack if you deleted the one made by the program

Years
  • can't get this to work on mac any one help?

JAnvZjg.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    can't get this to work on mac any one help?

JAnvZjg.png
    I don't know how you feel about running a virtual machine, but it is possible to run Windows 10 on a Mac & it's pretty easy. That's what I've been doing for the past 6 months or so. I got all the info I needed from this website. I hope it helps.

Cheers
    Alternatively, read post #809 in this thread on this very page.
    Let's say I expand my ROM with G3HS to add all the Generation IV Pokémon.
    Will the .ini be updated automatically?
    Yes, it will.

Last edited:
    Back