• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Key Items can be tossed

Years
Hello guys.. I am feeling a bit stupid to ask but I have the problem that
Key Items can be tossed. I tried to make a new key Item and just realized that.
Same happens to the Key Items that already exist.
I think I made it right:

526,FLYITEM,Flute,Flutes,8,0,"With this Flute you can call your Pidgeot, which can fly you to other locations.",2,0,6,

If I made a mistake it would be nice if someone can tell me, thank you.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I've got a quick question for you. Are you playing in debug mode, by clicking the Green Playtest arrow in RMXP (or otherwise turning on $DEBUG)?

If you are, that's the reason. See, your PBS file is perfectly fine, but debug mode allows the developer to bypass checks the game would normally make. In this case, it bypasses the usual, important item check, and allows you to throw any item, regardless of the settings.

Years
I've got a quick question for you. Are you playing in debug mode, by clicking the Green Playtest arrow in RMXP (or otherwise turning on $DEBUG)?

If you are, that's the reason. See, your PBS file is perfectly fine, but debug mode allows the developer to bypass checks the game would normally make. In this case, it bypasses the usual, important item check, and allows you to throw any item, regardless of the settings.

OMG I facepalmed myself so hard :laugh-squinted::laugh-squinted::laugh-squinted:
That was the reason, i should have known :blush:

Thank you very much :)

Back