• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did breeding rules change?

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
  • I noticed something. It seems to me that I think magma armor might affect your whole party rather than the egg in your party line next to it. They seem to all hatch at near the same rate despite me not having to move them just when one egg hatches.

Also, The breeders told me my Ditto and Beedrill don't like each other very much, but they make eggs all the time. That use to mean eggs would never ever happen. But they seem to happen quite often and somewhat fast. What's the deal?

Did they change the magma armor and like rules for breeding in sun and moon?

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I didn't know that it only affected one pokemon in the past :p Anyways this is a welcome change imo. And the one where eggs never happen is if they're playing with other pokemon rather then each other.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • From what I can tell, Magma armor has been affected the whole party at least since Gen 4. I didn't breed much in 2 or 3 so I'm not sure about that.

But in regards to the message (disclaimer: not so sure about Gen 2) they only don't produce eggs when they say they'd rather play with other Pokemon than each other.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • strange, I was told long time ago that it only affected the pokemon next to it. Maybe they lessened the hatch times for certain pokemon so it only seems faster?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Bulbapedia said:
    From Pokémon Emerald onward, if a Pokémon with Magma Armor is in the party (even if fainted), the number of cycles it takes for all Pokémon Eggs in the party to hatch are halved. This effect does not stack with itself or Flame Body; however, it can be stacked with Hatching Power Pass Power or O-Power.
    doesn't actually say anything about it just originally being adjacent Pokémon?

Last edited:
    Back