• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Psychic Deck

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Hey There,
    I hope you can help me with my problem,
    I don't have a lot of experience but I wanted to get better so I started building my deck and this is what I came up with:

Pokémons(16):

1x Mewtwo EX
    2xGiratina PS
    1xWeezing PS
    2xKoffing PS
    1xGarbodor PS
    2xTrubbish PS
    1xMuk PF
    1xGrimer PF
    1xSigilyph EP
    1xDoduo PS
    1xCinccino EP
    1xMinccino BW
    1xMinccino DE

Trainers(32):

2xColress
    1xCilan
    1xCheren
    1xProfessor Juniper
    1xSuperior Energy Retrival
    1xPlusPower
    2xEscape Rope
    3xCrushing Hammer
    2xPotion
    1xBattle City
    1xGreat Ball
    1xSuper Scoop Up
    1xEnergy Switch
    2xSwitch
    2xEnergy Search
    1xTown Map
    1xVirbank City Gym
    2xHypnotoxin Laser
    3xPokémon Communication
    3xRevive

Energies(12) :

12xPsychic

I don't know what I can do make it better, please help me.
    (If there are any english mistakes, I'm sorry, I'm from Portugal)

Thanks,
    lesteves

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
    Years
  • Nice deck, as far as the pokemon are concerned (Except Doduo, remove it!!). However, i think you should put 3 more energies or at least 2 Double colorless energies! SEecondly, replace Superior Energy Retrieval with Energy Retrieval cuz it gives you cards in the hand! Superior is only useful if you play 4 Cilan. Great Ball and Pokemon Communication again are a bit unreliable. Use Ultra Ball and Level Ball combo if you have them. Pluspower has absolutely no use in today's meta-game. Hope this helps and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Nice deck, as far as the pokemon are concerned (Except Doduo, remove it!!). However, i think you should put 3 more energies or at least 2 Double colorless energies! SEecondly, replace Superior Energy Retrieval with Energy Retrieval cuz it gives you cards in the hand! Superior is only useful if you play 4 Cilan. Great Ball and Pokemon Communication again are a bit unreliable. Use Ultra Ball and Level Ball combo if you have them. Pluspower has absolutely no use in today's meta-game. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you very much it really helped, double colress energies can be played in the current format?

Years
  • As they were last printed in Black & White, Double Colorless Energy are indeed play-legal for the current format.

I'd focus on making the quantities in your evolution lines thicker. It's best to have multiples (ideally 2, 3, or 4 of each) of the Pokemon you find most effective for your strategy, instead of having one copy of a bunch of different Pokemon. This way, you're far more likely to have the Pokemon that you want or need in your hand instead of a Pokemon that won't help you because you don't have its pre-evolution in play or it won't help because you've already discarded its evolution.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    i actually suggest superior energy retrieval. I find it more useful than the regular one. Sure you have to discard 2 cards to get them but its really worth it when you are in a jam and you need energy. Especially if you are only going to carry one energy retrieval.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    What do you think about giratina?

-doduo
    +double colress energy

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    If you are going to use giratina i suggest having 4 hynotoxics. Its rather hard for giratina to hit with hex without the proper status support. Though its a good counter to other psychic pokemon since its not weak to psychic.

A deck type that you could try.

Energy crushing deck since you have 3 crushing hammers, Muk, and Garbador. Basically the plan is to make it as hard as possible for your opponent to stack energy on their pokemon.

Just off the top of my head.

Pokemon:
    3-3 Muk for "infinite" energy discard for 3 energy
    4x Trubish (tool drop and garbage collection)
    2x Garbador (Biosmog) for one energy discard for 1 energy
    1x Garbador (Garbotoxin) Prevent all other abilities while equipped with an item.
    2x Giratina PS for Hex.
    2x Mewtwo EX

Trainers that would be important to this deck
    -Junipers/N/Skyla/Colress/Cilan/Cheren (An assortment of supports)
    -Hypnotoxin
    -Stadiums (1 Virbank, 1 Frozen City) Depending on if your opponent has Team Plasma or not.
    -Heavy Balls/Great Balls
    -Team Plasma Badges for Mewtwo or basics if frozen city is up.
    -Float Stones
    -Tool Scrapper
    -Switch because most of the pokemon have high retreat costs.
    -Crushing Hammers
    -Enhanced Hammers

Last edited:
    Back