• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    Guess I should introduce myself.
    I'm Brewmaster.
    I've been playing pokemon RPG off and on since I was 8. Right now is one of those 'on' times.
    I've liked pokemon since I was 5 though. I would always go into my brothers room and play with his stuff. As I wasn't allowed to have anything pokemon until I was 8.
    Actually I just checked for the first time how much my old pokemon cards are worth.
    Goodness was I surprised. Who knew something that valuable was in my attic collecting dust. Just a couple years ago I thought about giving them away to a kid down the street. Well that won't happen now that's for sure.
    Now I'm not sure if I should sell them or keep them. They're part of my childhood and I just don't know if I'm willing to part with my memories.
    My work is very taxing irl. Having something like pokemon that allows me to turn off the world is really helpful. Or at least I'm told it is. But I don't really wish to talk about my job at all. Pokemon for me is an escape from reality. I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm a reserved person, and quiet. My apologies if I ignore someone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there Brewmaster!

If you're interesting in learning more about the Pokemon TCG, I recommend you check out the TCG section! it's a great little place where you can learn more about the TCG, post pictures of your collection, and find out how much certain cards are worth. It's a great place to start if you want to familiarize yourself with the cards all over again, and maybe get into playing the modern game along with collecting! :)

And I totally feel you about not wanting to talk about your job on PC (or anywhere outside of work, really). I felt very similarly when I first joined the pokemon fandom many years ago. This is a happy place! No need to bring any irl issues along unless you really want to. Either way, I promise you'll find this community to be very respectful of that.

Please let myself or staff know if there's anything we can do to help you settle in further! Happy posting!

Years
  • heyyy there Brewmaster, very nice to meet you <3

haha....personally I'd keep 'em, but that's because Pokémon cards from my childhood hold a lot of memories. Totally get having a taxing job too -- I commute two hours to get to work (1.5 on a good day) and the work itself is very exhausting. Let's continue to let Pokémon help in relieving some of that stress. See you around!!

Back