• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I know it says I've been here since 2014...

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2017
    ...but for all intents and purposes, I'm new to this place. It seems I made an account and then forgot about it by going to another project. I jump from thing to thing like a fly at a landfill.

Anyway, I'm Mr. 86, and I'm an aspiring writer, artist, and occasional game designer. I don't have anything finished and I'm known among my friends for being a lackluster coder, something I'm hoping to remedy by putting together a project in Essentials that's been floating in my head and been continually refined for about three years now. Mostly I'm forcing myself to plow through it alone because A) it's my baby, and B) because I don't want to be "that guy" who asks other people to do the work for him.

The project in question isn't... EXACTLY a Pokemon game, but is intended to play very similarly, hence Essentials. I'd summarize it as "if G/S/C were designed for college students", and it has a very scientific bent. If anyone's interested in discussing it, my other work, or anything else, feel free to drop me a line. For now, I'll be lurking in the Essentials section looking for scripts to try out. See ya.

Years
  • Haha well there's only one way to go from lackluster to awesome/talented! ;p So keep working hard, I'm sure you'll get something cool going in the near future. =) I used to want to make games years back too, but that kinda faded once I realized I was more into playing the content people made.

Nice to meet you Mr. 86, welcome to PC! Good luck on your project. Hope the Game Dev forum will continue to be of use to you.

Back