• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CFRU and decomps

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I am a beginning rom hacker who has recently been interested in the decomps. I am also very excited to use the Complete Fire Red Upgrade. I wonder however, how I can import CFRU features into a decomp. How does one port CFRU features into a decomp hack? Also, what are the files from CFRU that I cannot use for a decomp? I am aware that some users like Lunos have been successful in doing so. I am also aware that simply compiling the rom then patching on the CFRU is a big no-no. Posting this in case people I PM'd don't receive or have time to read my messages.

Also, if I use the CFRU, which is it more recommended, for a Binary hack or a Decomp?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Iceman8911

The Complete Fire Red Upgrade (CFRU) is a C-Injection for binary hacking.

Binary hacking and the decomps are two seperate ways to create a ROM hack. They are not compatible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I asked a similar question recently and the general answer was: nah CFRU is a binary thing.

Basically,I think you could salvage some of the files in the CFRU to replace those in the Vanilla. But I think the way they're compiled/implemented is different so it wouldn't be as simple as just dragging and dropping.

At least that's the sense I got when I asked.

I suspect my question was misinterpreted though, but whatever, haha.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um, what was the answer.
    I've been searching for it but i haven't found it yet.
    Please, could you tell me if CFRU and decomps are compatible? If so, how should I do it?

I have been told that with the CFRU, you will have to adapt the code to pokefirered. Simply copy pasting will not work with all of the code, however, as there are many changes or differences between the coding of pokefirered and CFRU. However, one can use the engine as a basis for the coding of many features into pokefirered. I hope this helps.

Back