• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Online now
    Oh right on. Thanks for that little tip. :p I was looking around on the base Emerald game and found that there's another one on the ground (unless you've changed it) in the Abandoned Ship. I was gonna play through until that point before asking again about it... Or actually reading the entire thread...

Great work on this, by the way! Wasn't expecting to find a Digimon rom hack when I looked up "Pokemon rom hacks to play" the other day but here we are. Thanks, Gamerant.

So glad you're enjoying it! Yeah I had an itch for Digimon rom hacks about a year ago, but sadly I wasn't into the approach other Digimon romhackers took with their spriting (no disrespect to them, their approach just wasn't what I was looking for). After searching around I discovered what I was looking for didn't actually exist.

"Screw it, I'll do it myself."

One year later I've got Nova Red and Emerald Project. Maybe I'll make a Gen II or Gen IV hack at some point in the future as well. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    So glad you're enjoying it! Yeah I had an itch for Digimon rom hacks about a year ago, but sadly I wasn't into the approach other Digimon romhackers took with their spriting (no disrespect to them, their approach just wasn't what I was looking for). After searching around I discovered what I was looking for didn't actually exist.

"Screw it, I'll do it myself."

One year later I've got Nova Red and Emerald Project. Maybe I'll make a Gen II or Gen IV hack at some point in the future as well. :)

That's fair. I've recently gotten hooked on checking out different rom hacks and I'll definitely be on the lookout for your next project! Some of the older sprite work for Digimon is gorgeous but at the same time, larger roster and more options? I'd honestly be down for either of these choices. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I can get all the way to lilycove, and do the magma hideout, and the submarine cutscene plays, but I can't access the Aqua hideout, and when I go back to slateport, it loops the cutscene.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    I can get all the way to lilycove, and do the magma hideout, and the submarine cutscene plays, but I can't access the Aqua hideout, and when I go back to slateport, it loops the cutscene.

You can check out Pokemon Emerald walkthroughs online if you're unsure where to go next. Also, if you're playing a version where a cutscene loops, then you're playing an old version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    How do you evolve dorumon into alphamon? Is there an item you need or is it level 100 like omnimon?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • Have some ideas about the new effects for 3 HM's: Strength could reduce the opponent's defense. Dive could reduce the speed of the opponent, or leave you confused.. And lastly, Waterfall. It could create some kind of suppression on the opponent, since it is a heavy water drop falling on top of the opponent. Maybe reduced defenses or speed? Or reduced attacks.
    I have other ideas more extravagant and eccentric, but for this requires compiling the Engine again in your rom hack, but that would not be advantageous because you would have to redo several adjustments in the rom. So my 3 ideas are more acceptable, as they are relatively easy to do since there are other scams with similar effects.
    It's just vague ideas, you're the one who decides which ones would be welcome in your rom hack.

If you are unable to edit the rom by PGE, use the PGE version of the link below. In PGE version 3.8.1 you can't edit the rom because it gives pokémon editor an error, but this doesn't occur in version 3.7.
    PGE v3.7

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Have some ideas about the new effects for 3 HM's: Strength could reduce the opponent's defense. Dive could reduce the speed of the opponent, or leave you confused.. And lastly, Waterfall. It could create some kind of suppression on the opponent, since it is a heavy water drop falling on top of the opponent. Maybe reduced defenses or speed? Or reduced attacks.
    I have other ideas more extravagant and eccentric, but for this requires compiling the Engine again in your rom hack, but that would not be advantageous because you would have to redo several adjustments in the rom. So my 3 ideas are more acceptable, as they are relatively easy to do since there are other scams with similar effects.
    It's just vague ideas, you're the one who decides which ones would be welcome in your rom hack.

If you are unable to edit the rom by PGE, use the PGE version of the link below. In PGE version 3.8.1 you can't edit the rom because it gives pokémon editor an error, but this doesn't occur in version 3.7.
    PGE v3.7

Thanks for the heads up regarding PGE! You're the real MVP as always!

As for HM moves, I think Strength and Waterfall are already pretty strong, so they don't need much adjustment. In Nova Red I made Strength a wall-breaker like Brick Break and just left Waterfall alone. Dive reducing the enemy's speed is a good idea though. :)

Oh, and just curious, what are you working on these days? Your Emerald rombase was such a magnum opus, I think all of us amateur hackers are eagerly awaiting your next golden egg. Anything in the works?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • Thanks for the heads up regarding PGE! You're the real MVP as always!

As for HM moves, I think Strength and Waterfall are already pretty strong, so they don't need much adjustment. In Nova Red I made Strength a wall-breaker like Brick Break and just left Waterfall alone. Dive reducing the enemy's speed is a good idea though. :)

Oh, and just curious, what are you working on these days? Your Emerald rombase was such a magnum opus, I think all of us amateur hackers are eagerly awaiting your next golden egg. Anything in the works?

Recently my Hard Drive stopped working, and with that I ended up losing all my rom hacking files, and also several of my personal files. Unfortunately I did not backup. I had started creating/editing my own rom hack and another project for the public, but I ended up losing everything. I'm trying to get back on my feet, but the demotivation is huge. At the moment, I think I can only update Modexe Emerald. As far as support for my base rom, I will support as far as possible.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Recently my Hard Drive stopped working, and with that I ended up losing all my rom hacking files, and also several of my personal files. Unfortunately I did not backup. I had started creating/editing my own rom hack and another project for the public, but I ended up losing everything. I'm trying to get back on my feet, but the demotivation is huge. At the moment, I think I can only update Modexe Emerald. As far as support for my base rom, I will support as far as possible.

Ohhhh man, that sucks. Terrible to hear that.
    Whatever happens or doesn't happen, you'll always be one of the most supportive Pokemon rom hackers on the net. Thank you again for the invaluable service you've done for the Emerald hacking community.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • Loving these hacks. I wanted to add on to Li Yun's idea for Waterfall and maybe give it a high chance to flinch? I mean I know if I'm hit with a torrent of cold water falling on me suddenly I flinch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    Hi
    I need some help
    when I Patched the game a complete blank screen comes up for the VBA
    what I am doing wrong?
    Edit: nvm

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    0Gr0eyM.png

The people have spoken...

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Loving the hack so far.

For the new gen 4 hack, could you use different starters? Would make the next game feel fresh, and would make trying to get omnimon a little more fun since Agumon wouldnt be a starter choice.
    like maybe use Datirimon->Hydramon , Sunmon->Apollomon , Moonmon->Dianamon. Would add an interesting Greek theme to the starters

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Beginning of this game is way, way, way too punishing if you're going in blind. Roxanne having Rock/Ground/Ice coverage on, what I'm guessing is a, comparatively speaking, extremely high-statted mon is one thing on its own, but when that mon is level 18 and the highest levels you can grind on in the wild are 8, that's more than twice the difference. One really shouldn't have to spend three-quarters of an hour at 10x speed just to bring something up to par to try a new approach. Hitting such a grandiose roadblock so early, such that I have no tools to deal with it isn't great. I would compare it to... imagine if you had to grind for the E4, because turns out Cynthia's Garchomp has universal coverage, outpaces and one-shots everything you have, and the highest levels you could grind on are low-yield level 27s to 29s -- wild only, because all battleable trainers have been exhausted and there's no rematch mechanic yet; but even that's an overly-charitable comparison because there's at least been more time to flesh out strategies before you end up in that situation -- oh, and the move-power differentiation would be far less... and I'm guessing BST differences, too.

EDIT: Also, the Rich Boy on Route 104 seems exist in some quantum-entangled state where they're simultaneously themselves, and also one of the twins from the bridge. Strange.

Last edited:
    Back