• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    We're going DIGITAL!

For those of you tired of playing out the same strategies with the same mons over and over and over again, I present you something completely different…

RLlhdkZ.png

FEATURES

350+ new monsters with unique stats, abilities, Typing, and movepools built from the ground-up!

2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png
    9.png

No more filler mons!

Every single Digimon is viable! Don't be afraid to build a team out of your favourite Digimon!
    11.png
    12.png

As many as five or even six stages for prominent Digimon!

13.png

Custom moves from the Digimon canon!
    Every single Digimon has its signature attack! Diversify your strategies with over 350 new moves!
    1.gif
    2.gif
    3.gif
    4.gif
    5.gif
    6.gif
    7.gif
    8.gif
    10.gif
    9.gif

14.png
    15.png
    16.png
    17.png

Digidex Entries state criteria for evolution so you never need to feel out of the loop!

19.png
    20.png
    21.png

Convenient Shop Data
    Tired of random encounters? Repels are cheap as heck now.
    24.png
    26.png

(Also Move Reminders in every shop)

HM Moves are no longer garbage!

Cut now raises ATK, Flash now deals 50 Electric damage and still lowers accuracy, and Rock Smash always goes first.
    27.png
    28.png
    29.png

(Suggestions on how to improve Strength, Dive, and Waterfall? Feel free to post a comment. :) )

EV/IV Checker, Up to Gen VII Abilities and Moves, Reusable TMs, Deletable HM moves, Fairy Type, Physical-Special Split, Poison Survival, BW Repel System, etc.

30.png
    23.png
    31.png

32.png
    33.png
    34.png

Minor Dialogue Tweaks:
    35.png
    36.png

Dive is a TM now.
    So don't freak out when Steven gives it to you and you can't find it at first.
    37.png

Credits:

Spoiler:

Full Digidex:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:

Known glitches:
    Spoiler:

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler:

System Requirements:
    Spoiler:

Plans for future expansion:
    Spoiler:

Advice:
    Spoiler:

Change log:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    Spoiler:

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    It sounds very promising, I'll give it a try right away! Thanks for the rom!

Years
  • More Digimon, woohoo! I enjoyed Nova Red, so I'm sure this'll be even better. Thanks for your hard work!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    It sounds very promising, I'll give it a try right away! Thanks for the rom!

More Digimon, woohoo! I enjoyed Nova Red, so I'm sure this'll be even better. Thanks for your hard work!

Glad to hear it! Feedback is very welcome! (Difficulty? Too easy? Too hard? Suggestions? General feedback? etc.) Feel free to get back to me after you beat the game. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    will you make a digimon from nds pokemon game? since maybe spriting in nds game is easier than gba?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    will you make a digimon from nds pokemon game? since maybe spriting in nds game is easier than gba?

I'd have to think about it! To be honest I'm not a fan of Heart Gold and Platinum since they run soooooo slowly. I haven't checked out Gen IV hacking scene but if there's some rombases out there that speed up the pace I might consider it. :)

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    love the graphical and qol changes!
    congratulations for finishing the hack man

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    This looks pretty cool! I've got two questions:

1) Could this be considered like an improvement version of Nova Red? Apart from being Emerald instead of Fire Red, what would be the major differences between them?
    2) Would it be possible to add bst's to the mons excel? Or at least like an overall role, to see if they're a special sweeper, a tank...

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    This looks pretty cool! I've got two questions:

1) Could this be considered like an improvement version of Nova Red? Apart from being Emerald instead of Fire Red, what would be the major differences between them?
    2) Would it be possible to add bst's to the mons excel? Or at least like an overall role, to see if they're a special sweeper, a tank...

Hi Luck_98,

Yep! Big improvement over Nova Red. Nova Red only had 250 Digimon and some of the evolutionary lines were a bit wonky. Emerald streamlined everyone's evolution lines and bumped the Dex up to about 330. Also, Nova Red only had moves and mechanics present up until Gen IV. Emerald has moves up to Gen VII (no Mega Evolution or Dynamax though... I felt they hurt the meta more than they added to it).

As for bst, I can give you a general rule. It's not exact but it's enough to get a general idea:
    If it has 5 forms, BST equals approximately: 310 > 380 > 440 > 500 > 590
    If it has 4 forms: 390 > 440 > 490 > 540
    If it has 3 forms: 430 > 470 > 510

It's not an exact rule but it's enough to give you an idea. Basically, the mons run on a "short term gain, low investment" versus "long term gain, high investment" framework.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I see. I'm glad mons like Sakuyamon are present, it felt a bit awkward only getting until the champions there.

I've got a few things to report. First, the ice/dragon mon (can't remember the name, you get it right before the fire path after third gym) has just 1 hp on its lowest form. Once it levels up, it's hp is normal again. Not sure if it's intentional, but doesn't seem so.

Xvmon attack says it does fixed damage, but all it does is like... 1 hp. Not sure how does it work.

Got two glitchy items. One is the item Moonmon has equiped when they gift her instead of Wynaut egg. I don't remember when did you get the other, but it was before that. The first is just ??????, while the other is literally "new item". Might be on the soot route? I am not sure.

And I'm not sure if it's intentional, but you cannot get a harbor mail (that I know now), so you can't get the coin case. At least on Slateport, not sure if it's moved anywhere else.

Apart from that, it's being a pretty nice game. Completed last one with a fairy mono, but now I'm trying to diversify a little.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I see. I'm glad mons like Sakuyamon are present, it felt a bit awkward only getting until the champions there.

I've got a few things to report. First, the ice/dragon mon (can't remember the name, you get it right before the fire path after third gym) has just 1 hp on its lowest form. Once it levels up, it's hp is normal again. Not sure if it's intentional, but doesn't seem so.

Xvmon attack says it does fixed damage, but all it does is like... 1 hp. Not sure how does it work.

Got two glitchy items. One is the item Moonmon has equiped when they gift her instead of Wynaut egg. I don't remember when did you get the other, but it was before that. The first is just ??????, while the other is literally "new item". Might be on the soot route? I am not sure.

And I'm not sure if it's intentional, but you cannot get a harbor mail (that I know now), so you can't get the coin case. At least on Slateport, not sure if it's moved anywhere else.

Apart from that, it's being a pretty nice game. Completed last one with a fairy mono, but now I'm trying to diversify a little.

Duly noted! I should be able to fix these in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    The summary screen for digimon is mostly blank for me. The type symbols for moves are there but anywhere where there's supposed to be text in the boxes is blank for me.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    The summary screen for digimon is mostly blank for me. The type symbols for moves are there but anywhere where there's supposed to be text in the boxes is blank for me.

Sounds like a problem with your emulator. I recommend VBA, MyBoy, or JohnGBA.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Really like the game so far but I found some bugs.
    1. Palidramon's Cable Catcher doesn't do damage even though it says Power 65
    2. Monochromamon when caught doesn't give it's dex entry, rather it gives M.Chrimaira's entry
    3. I would check Hagurumon's catch rate in New Mauville. I put one into red and threw like 10 great balls at one without it shaking
    4. Might have been just me but Garuramon evolved at 31 not 30 (I could have just messed up)

Overall I am loving playing this and will come back if I find anything else that might be bugged

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Really like the game so far but I found some bugs.
    1. Palidramon's Cable Catcher doesn't do damage even though it says Power 65
    2. Monochromamon when caught doesn't give it's dex entry, rather it gives M.Chrimaira's entry
    3. I would check Hagurumon's catch rate in New Mauville. I put one into red and threw like 10 great balls at one without it shaking
    4. Might have been just me but Garuramon evolved at 31 not 30 (I could have just messed up)

Overall I am loving playing this and will come back if I find anything else that might be bugged

Fixed! I'll update the download link with a new patch once a few more glitches become revealed. Thanks again for playtesting. 😁

Years
    • He/Him
    • CA
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So excited that it's finally out congrats on another great game for us digifans to enjoy! Loving it so far, but figured I'd help out by pointing out a few glitches I noticed.

1. When you talk to the girl in first pokemart after littleroot town, it brings uo a menu with the options for petalburg city and slateport city. It proceeds to her regular dialog regardless of what u choose but ya.

2. Poromon has Hawkmon for its icon instead of its own. Maybe intentional though?

3. (This might be my emulator but worth mentioning) sometimes the sprite disappears during the opening animation for a sec, or the digicries don't play.

Can't wait for future updates!

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    So excited that it's finally out congrats on another great game for us digifans to enjoy! Loving it so far, but figured I'd help out by pointing out a few glitches I noticed.

1. When you talk to the girl in first pokemart after littleroot town, it brings uo a menu with the options for petalburg city and slateport city. It proceeds to her regular dialog regardless of what u choose but ya.

2. Poromon has Hawkmon for its icon instead of its own. Maybe intentional though?

3. (This might be my emulator but worth mentioning) sometimes the sprite disappears during the opening animation for a sec, or the digicries don't play.

Can't wait for future updates!

Thanks! The missing cries are due to the rombase. I miss them too. :(

I'll look into the girl at the shop and Poromon's icon. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    I'd have to think about it! To be honest I'm not a fan of Heart Gold and Platinum since they run soooooo slowly. I haven't checked out Gen IV hacking scene but if there's some rombases out there that speed up the pace I might consider it. :)

goodluck. be it GBA ROM or NDS one either is fine lol just pick what you like and want to working on 👍

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    goodluck. be it GBA ROM or NDS one either is fine lol just pick what you like and want to working on 👍

Thanks! Actually I'd be interested in making a Crystal hack, even though Gen II hacks aren't really in demand. I just love the aesthetic of some old-school Digimon sprites and would love to implement them into a game.
    garudamon.png
    garurumon.png
    ikkakumon.png
    kabuterimon.png
    nefertimon.png
    Botamon-Family-1-Fresh-Rookie.png

But then I would have to learn how to use PokeCrystal, which is... definitely outside my paygrade lol

Well. Something to muse over for the next few months. For now I'm going to take a short break from romhacking and just patch up any bugs that show up in Nova Red and Emerald. :)

Back