• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Winter Version (v1.12) - DLC: THE EXCELLENT EXPLORATION NOW AVAILABLE (07/23/22) BUGFIX PATCH FOR DLC OUT

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Im very confused im on chapter six and i have to find team rockets boss where is he in the wild exactly

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just started this and so far it looks fantastic, picked Chikorita cause it deserves more love as a whole and fire type oddly suits it well.

Why on earth is the wild battle theme Green Hill Zone though? xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Im very confused im on chapter six and i have to find team rockets boss where is he in the wild exactly
    Sorry I've been out of town and haven't been able to respond.

Spoiler:

Just started this and so far it looks fantastic, picked Chikorita cause it deserves more love as a whole and fire type oddly suits it well.

Why on earth is the wild battle theme Green Hill Zone though? xD
    I think it fits pretty well as a wild battle theme!

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Is this made for a gba emulator or rpgmaker? I'm on android so I can't use anything that advanced but I can run gba all day

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Is this made for a gba emulator or rpgmaker? I'm on android so I can't use anything that advanced but I can run gba all day

It's made in RPG Maker, if you want to play on Android look into Joiplay. In the Pokemon Winter Discord I have a #how-to-play channel with a linked video that shows how to do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    It's made in RPG Maker, if you want to play on Android look into Joiplay. In the Pokemon Winter Discord I have a #how-to-play channel with a linked video that shows how to do it.

Iv tried joiplay already with a number of different games to no avail. All it did was waste my time and take up a massive amount of storage.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Pokemon Winter: The Excellent Exploration DLC is here! https://www.mediafire.com/file/6tu593yede4socq/Pokemon_Winter_-_v1.1X.rar/file

Features:

New routes, towns, and dungeons.
    Access by going south from Route 13 at the beginning of Chapter 4. More content becomes available after Chapter 4 and after Chapter 6.
    There are two new superbosses at the end of Chapter 6 and the Epilogue, respectively. To find the postgame superboss, go to the gym in Tandem City.
    The new legendary dungeon can be accessed by finding all 10 ancient shrines scattered throughout Ceriama. Shadow Trials. - Floors 31 through 60 are now open with awesome prizes! If you have already completed 1-30, an elevator outside of the Shadow Trials will take you back to floor 30.

New regional forms.
    Pidgey has become Ice/Flying, and Pidgeot is Ice/Psychic
    There is a hidden new regional line that is part of The Excellent Exploration storyline.

Gen IV Pokemon added.
    - Floatzel, Bronzong, Drapion, Drifblim, and Abomasnow are all available to catch.

Many bugs fixed.

Early game rare encounters buffed.

A few slight nerfs to early battles.

I really hope you guys enjoy this, it definitely wouldn't have been possible without the motivation from everyone here. Pokemon Winter has been way more successful than I ever could've imagined. For the best possible experience, I recommend starting a new game unless you haven't gotten to chapter 4 yet.

Years
  • This looks amazing! Thank you so much for continuing to update this game. I haven't had the chance to play the new DLC just yet, but have you made the champions cave (not sure of the name) available for discovery once you complete the main storyline? I remember this guy standing above a huge waterfall, telling the player that he's the keeper of champions deep (again, not sure of the name), and he'll only allow champions to explore the deep. Also, in Ora town, there's a girl that mentions a volcano to the south. Have you had the chance to add this to the game yet?
    Thanks for the great game, keep up the good work? Cheers :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This looks amazing! Thank you so much for continuing to update this game. I haven't had the chance to play the new DLC just yet, but have you made the champions cave (not sure of the name) available for discovery once you complete the main storyline? I remember this guy standing above a huge waterfall, telling the player that he's the keeper of champions deep (again, not sure of the name), and he'll only allow champions to explore the deep. Also, in Ora town, there's a girl that mentions a volcano to the south. Have you had the chance to add this to the game yet?
    Thanks for the great game, keep up the good work? Cheers :)
    The DLC includes the volcano that you mentioned, but the Champion's Cistern sidestory has not been included yet. Thank you for the kind words!

For everyone else, I've just released a DLC patch that fixes some issues in said volcano. The new patch can be found here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi everyone, just as a small update, I'm taking a break on this project for a while. The game is in a fairly complete state, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that I might add more post-game content in the future (or a bugfix patch if something truly game-breaking shows up). Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and gotten us to over 11,000 downloads!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hi I just wanna say
    I remember how quite a lot of people were pissed when Toby Fox got to compose for Gen 9 because they think his style doesn't fit with Pokemon.
    I was actually surprised at how much Toby Fox was used in Winter, and Hopes and Dreams fits so damn well for a champion track, and I can say that his style can fit Pokemon (one theme in Violet that he composed blew my mind)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I just finish your game and man I honestly this game need more exposure, the story pretty fun and although it's graphics not revolutionary or anything this game is as beautiful original FireRed, thank you for this and I hope someday you made fansgame again, stay healthy

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi I just wanna say
    I remember how quite a lot of people were pissed when Toby Fox got to compose for Gen 9 because they think his style doesn't fit with Pokemon.
    I was actually surprised at how much Toby Fox was used in Winter, and Hopes and Dreams fits so damn well for a champion track, and I can say that his style can fit Pokemon (one theme in Violet that he composed blew my mind)
    I agree! I think it really sets the stage for the final battle in this game.

I just finish your game and man I honestly this game need more exposure, the story pretty fun and although it's graphics not revolutionary or anything this game is as beautiful original FireRed, thank you for this and I hope someday you made fansgame again, stay healthy
    Thank you for the kind words, that really means a lot to me. I'm glad you enjoyed, and thanks for playing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi everyone, I've finally released an overdue patch. It can be found here.
    - Fixes a bug where you get stuck in the wall of the Ancient Temple after exiting floor 60 of the Shadow Trials WITHOUT having exited at floor 30 prior.
    - Also fixed a bug where the "badges" for chapters 8 and 9 were switched on the trainer card.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I installed all the required fonts and the game still gives me the "one or more fonts in this game do not exist" is this suppose to be lingering?

Back