• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Winter Version (v1.12) - DLC: THE EXCELLENT EXPLORATION NOW AVAILABLE (07/23/22) BUGFIX PATCH FOR DLC OUT

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024

EpH3Wl8.png

Download:
    Version 1.12
    Save often! Just in case you run into a game-breaking bug.
    A special thank-you to everyone who has downloaded! We've reached 13,000 downloads!

The Story:
    p6pU6ZP.png
    Winter is setting upon the Ceriama Region! The gyms are closing down for the season, and its high school trainers are gearing up for another season of the CRHS (Ceriama Regional High School) Challenge. Primum Town, a small town on the southwest coast of Ceriama, has a storied history of great trainers, but has not seen success in a number of years.

Much like Primum Town, you're down on your luck, bummed about missing another year of high school team tryouts due to not having a Pokemon of your own. But it IS your birthday today, and the first snow of the coming winter is here... Maybe something is different about today?

Pokemon: Winter Version has 10 playable chapters, the complete story of the game plus 1 DLC, in its current state, with roughly 30-35 hours of gameplay included.

L7JZRxg.png

The Primum Town Pokemon Team

Features:
    • 19 new regional Pokemon, and over 300 Pokemon from generations I, II, III, and IV.\
    • GTS trading!
    • FRLG menus and battle interfaces.
    • Speed up script, press S to toggle game speeds (normal, fast, fastest).

Starters:
    klXuoOG.png
    Each starter Pokemon - Ceriaman Mudkip, Chikorita, and Charmander - comes with a new, unique ability.

Toxic Coat (Mudkip) - Boosts defense when hit by a Poison-type move.
    White Heat (Chikorita) - Powers up "not very effective" Fire-type moves.
    Sea Scale (Charmander) - Ups resistance to Electric-type moves.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Discord:
    Spoiler:

Credits, Scripts:
    Spoiler:

Credits, Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Credits, Music:
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance for giving it a try!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    My images didn't work correctly when I first uploaded, but between this morning and now I've added a new version that includes GTS trading. Reach chapter 5 to unlock it!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks absolutely phenomenal, I'm assuming that chapter 10 marks the end of the main story. Will future saves be compatible with the next update? Also, I suggest you change the tag from development to "release", since it will help with garnering more attention. Cheers and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This looks absolutely phenomenal, I'm assuming that chapter 10 marks the end of the main story. Will future saves be compatible with the next update? Also, I suggest you change the tag from development to "release", since it will help with garnering more attention. Cheers and good luck!
    Thanks for the tip! Changed to release. Yes, all versions are backwards-compatible so you can pick it up at any point and preserve your save. And yes, chapter 10 is the final chapter but I plan to do at least 2 more major releases afterwards with some sidequest/post-game content, maybe more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hey I have a quick question can you get the other starter.
    You would have to use GTS trading to get the other starters (of the 3 choices in the beginning), the other 6 starters from gen 1-3 you can find 2 of them, and can trade for the others.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hey, can 7zip be used to extract .rar files? Cause that's what I saw when I tried to download this game.....

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Thanks to answering my question I have another question do this game have the normal exp share or exp all? And where do you get it? sorry for the questions and where is the gts trading.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Thanks to answering my question I have another question do this game have the normal exp share or exp all? And where do you get it? sorry for the questions and where is the gts trading.
    Exp Share location:
    Spoiler:

GTS trading is in Infigo City at the Pokemon Web Services building. The operation is still being developed when you visit during Chapter 3, but once you
    Spoiler:
    it opens for business.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hi, I love playing this game so far. I was just curious how to evolve my electabuzz in this game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi, I love playing this game so far. I was just curious how to evolve my electabuzz in this game?
    Hey, thanks so much! There are two ways:

#1:
    Spoiler:

#2:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Pokemon: Winter Version is now fully complete with all 10 chapters. Download it here!

And join our Discord community here!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    In all my test runs of the game I have never had to grind, if you don't skip trainers and do the side-game content (maybe that still counts as grinding, I don't know) you should always be able to win battles, although the difficulty is still tough.

To reduce grinding, here are some leveling tips/secrets:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hey, thanks! Base shiny rate is buffed, yeah, it's 1 in 2,048. You can also get the Shiny Charm later in the game from a sidequest to further boost the odds.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, thanks! Base shiny rate is buffed, yeah, it's 1 in 2,048. You can also get the Shiny Charm later in the game from a sidequest to further boost the odds.

Thank you for the quick response! Don't mind me asking, but are Nature changers present in the game, and do opposing trainers Pokémon have EVs attached to them?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Opposing trainers, for the most part, have even distribution of EVs spread over all stats unless specified. I've only specified EV values for trainers in the endgame, though.

And I'm honestly not sure what you mean by nature changers, like items to change natures for Pokemon? I don't have anything like that, if that's what you mean.

Back