• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] Porymap Segmentation fault with Fire Red Decomp

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I'm having some problems with Porymap and the Fire Red decomp I'm using.

Anytime I try to add a new object, Porymap crashes with a segmentation fault.

When I first open Porymap, I get a bunch of errors about pointer files not existing:
    Code:
    Could not open /src/data/field_event_obj/event_object_graphics_info_pointers.h'

I'm guessing this is related to the problem? Does Porymap not work with Fire Red? Am I trying to use the wrong tool here?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm having some problems with Porymap and the Fire Red decomp I'm using.

Anytime I try to add a new object, Porymap crashes with a segmentation fault.

When I first open Porymap, I get a bunch of errors about pointer files not existing:
    Code:
    Could not open /src/data/field_event_obj/event_object_graphics_info_pointers.h'

I'm guessing this is related to the problem? Does Porymap not work with Fire Red? Am I trying to use the wrong tool here?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    It seems you're using a super old version of Pokefirered or something?
    The path src/data/field_event_obj is not valid, there isn't a folder called "field_event_obj" over there.
    https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/tree/master/src/data

If you want to open your project with Porymap, you're gonna have to git pull the Master branch of Pret's Pokefirered repo and update things.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    It seems you're using a super old version of Pokefirered or something?
    The path src/data/field_event_obj is not valid, there isn't a folder called "field_event_obj" over there.
    https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/tree/master/src/data

If you want to open your project with Porymap, you're gonna have to git pull the Master branch of Pret's Pokefirered repo and update things.

Hey, thanks!

My Fire Red branch was up to date, but I was running an old version of porymap. Switched to a newer build, and all good now :)

Back