• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Legendary Pokémon Offer Mew

Years
  • Hello everyone, its my first time here, my name is Akonn and im a huge pokemon fan since i was a kid, im from spain(that's why my english writing kinda sucks,sorry about that).

Im here to search for advice, first of all im going to tell you my situation, a few years ago, i bought a pokemon green copy from a market here in barcelona, with the box and all the artwork, really nice condition, had some scratches but pretty good in general.

At first ive never looked at the savefile cause i dont really cared about it, just wanted the copy to fill my collection, but 6 months ago i wanted to check if the save was still there, to my surprise it was there, i posted in reddit saying(im going to paste the links at the end) i whould check and try to save it buying gb cart flasher to save the file and store the save in my pc in case the battery died so i could later on load it on a new cartridge.

After looking a bit at the save file on my gba ( was kinda hard because i cant read japanese letters) it was really cool looking a team from 20 years ago, seing where he saved last time etc etc, my surprise came when i saw a mew on the team while i was scrolling the pokemons, it kinda confused me because as far as i knew mew was only an event pokemon, i suposed that was one of those mews from events japan had all those years ago or a glitched one, so i posted a pic on imgur kinda joking about the way mew looked, after that i started searching for japanese events from gen 1 in bulbapedia i saw the "Legendary Pokémon Offer Mew", and someone in the imgur pic told me it kinda matched the id and the ot, ofc the mew was lvl 100 the guy who owned the save used it a lot.

Why im here telling you this? Well i dont really know what to do, i cant trade the mew to gen 3 so i cant use it on my games now and i dont really want to lose it, should i go to any place so they can see if its legit? if you guys have any idea or doubts feel free to tell me!

Btw, before buying the game i asked them where they got it, they told me it was from the kid of a japanese couple they where friends from, i think they went to live to spain some years ago, and cause the kid is now a grown man they where selling all the retro gaming stuff he had.

Links:
    (i cant post them because thats my first post, i think i can edit the post later so i will add them, or post in the comments!)

Thanks all for reading! hope you all have a nice day!

Years
  • Hello everyone, its my first time here, my name is Akonn and im a huge pokemon fan since i was a kid, im from spain(that's why my english writing kinda sucks,sorry about that).

Im here to search for advice, first of all im going to tell you my situation, a few years ago, i bought a pokemon green copy from a market here in barcelona, with the box and all the artwork, really nice condition, had some scratches but pretty good in general.

At first ive never looked at the savefile cause i dont really cared about it, just wanted the copy to fill my collection, but 6 months ago i wanted to check if the save was still there, to my surprise it was there, i posted in reddit saying(im going to paste the links at the end) i whould check and try to save it buying gb cart flasher to save the file and store the save in my pc in case the battery died so i could later on load it on a new cartridge.

After looking a bit at the save file on my gba ( was kinda hard because i cant read japanese letters) it was really cool looking a team from 20 years ago, seing where he saved last time etc etc, my surprise came when i saw a mew on the team while i was scrolling the pokemons, it kinda confused me because as far as i knew mew was only an event pokemon, i suposed that was one of those mews from events japan had all those years ago or a glitched one, so i posted a pic on imgur kinda joking about the way mew looked, after that i started searching for japanese events from gen 1 in bulbapedia i saw the "Legendary Pokémon Offer Mew", and someone in the imgur pic told me it kinda matched the id and the ot, ofc the mew was lvl 100 the guy who owned the save used it a lot.

Why im here telling you this? Well i dont really know what to do, i cant trade the mew to gen 3 so i cant use it on my games now and i dont really want to lose it, should i go to any place so they can see if its legit? if you guys have any idea or doubts feel free to tell me!

Btw, before buying the game i asked them where they got it, they told me it was from the kid of a japanese couple they where friends from, i think they went to live to spain some years ago, and cause the kid is now a grown man they where selling all the retro gaming stuff he had.

Links:
    (i cant post them because thats my first post, i think i can edit the post later so i will add them, or post in the comments!)

Thanks all for reading! hope you all have a nice day!

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Regarding your query - you're looking to see if the Mew is legit, correct? If so, it might be worth checking it against the promotional Mews on Bulbapedia as a starting point, checking things such as the OT.

Otherwise, it won't be 'legitimate' as it's been obtained through one glitch or another.

Hope this helps!

Years
  • Hey! I checked and it matches the "Legendary Pokemon Offer Mew" event i think its kinda rare, thats why i wanted to know if anyone has more info about the event cause i cant really find good information about it ,or what to do with the mon to save it or transfer it to new games.
    Thx!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey! I checked and it matches the "Legendary Pokemon Offer Mew" event i think its kinda rare, thats why i wanted to know if anyone has more info about the event cause i cant really find good information about it ,or what to do with the mon to save it or transfer it to new games.
    Thx!

You would want to dump the save file off of the cartridge. There are numerous tools that can do this.
    J.Rodrigo would be the best option for you since he's also based in Spain. But he's currently out of stock. InsideGadgets also makes good stuff, and is built-to-order.

"Kinda rare" is a massive understatement. "Legendary Pokemon Offer Mew" was a contest in CoroCoro magazine with only 20 winners out of ~78,000 entrants. Winners would mail away their cartridges to Gamefreak, and Shigeki Morimoto himself would generate a unique mew for each cartridge.

If this is really legit, then you have something extremely special. Dumping the save file would be of great interest to videogame preservationists.

Years
  • That's what i will try to do! besides that, theres any way that i could send mew to gen 3?
    Whould be really amazing to use the first ever event mon in scarlet and violet hahaha

Years
    • Seen today
    That's what i will try to do! besides that, theres any way that i could send mew to gen 3?
    Whould be really amazing to use the first ever event mon in scarlet and violet hahaha

Directly? Not without some custom homebrew hardware that translates between GBA and GBC link protocols.

Other option is to rebuild it in something like pkhex and inject it into an emerald save file.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    Hi! My name is Blaze, and im one of the people involved in the r/lostmedia thread and actively searching for this Mew. You contacted me there, but im very glad to read this thread, it seems you have a treasure in your hands.

If possible and we can determine this is legit (i think it is) we could theoreticaly upload the result of this search and your found to bulbapedia to preserve it. We also should try to dump the save to preserve its data. I genuinely believe this deserves to be in a museum, since nowadays Pokémon is part of the 21st century cultural history.

Can we talk more? It can be via discord, email or telegram! Please, let me know!

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I was absolutely fascinated by this, and would love to hear how things are going! Was the legitimacy of this confirmed, and the data preserved?

Back