• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day/Night System by AndryAndrew & HackLars - Version 1.1.0 released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Here is a thought.

Why don't you guys work together?

You are all trying to accomplish the same thing so why not?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Thats exactly what it does ^^

I said that boot screen is intrusive, not that is useless... But IMO, that screen check if the routine was decrypted correctly... That would be completely useless if the routine were not encrypted (like our one)

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
Yeah, he encrypt the routine because he think that all want copy his code..

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
I said that boot screen is intrusive, not that is useless... But IMO, that screen check if the routine was decrypted correctly... That would be completely useless if the routine were not encrypted (like our one)

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. I need the screen to check if the whole code was loaded into the RAM because it wouldn't make any sense to execute it from ROM with the small 16bit bus. I rather prefer fast routines and therefore I use the 32bit bus of the IWRAM. ;-)

Yeah, he encrypt the routine because he think that all want copy his code..

It happened that often to me that people stole my work. (I didn't say this for a long time but do you remember the Money-ASM-script which Andrea/HackMew used presenting it to the community without saying anything about me having it built?) The situation in the community has become very bad as far as credits are concerned. And it's not only me who has this opinion...

However, I don't know why you think I wouldn't be able to work together with someone. Most of the time I do... (with aeonos for example... or loadingNOW.. or zodiacdagreat...)

Well, if you feel like naming all the naughty disadvantages my DAN has, then go on... It's things like that which take away the whole fun of romhacking.

Years
Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. I need the screen to check if the whole code was loaded into the RAM because it wouldn't make any sense to execute it from ROM with the small 16bit bus. I rather prefer fast routines and therefore I use the 32bit bus of the IWRAM. ;-)

It happened that often to me that people stole my work. (I didn't say this for a long time but do you remember the Money-ASM-script which Andrea/HackMew used presenting it to the community without saying anything about me having it built?) The situation in the community has become very bad as far as credits are concerned. And it's not only me who has this opinion...

However, I don't know why you think I wouldn't be able to work together with someone. Most of the time I do... (with aeonos for example... or loadingNOW.. or zodiacdagreat...)

Well, if you feel like naming all the naughty disadvantages my DAN has, then go on... It's things like that which take away the whole fun of romhacking .
no no, I find it quit entertaining. I just made a toast and planned to spend my sunday reading your guys fight...

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015

Well, if you feel like naming all the naughty disadvantages my DAN has, then go on... It's things like that which take away the whole fun of romhacking.

of course i didn't know why you inserted the boot screen, i wrote my opinion about it...
We definetly have different opinions of what's most important in a routine (you think speed, in my opinion other things)...
But maybe you misunderstood my post... I still think you are better than me in asm knowledge, i didn't want to blame on your routine. And, we credited you because we well consider you.

Maybe you will think I'm speaking like a puppy, but... The one who start to "name all the naughty disavantages" are you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2010
Yes of course, you are better than me in asm, all know that. Your routine maybe work better and it haven't my routine's bugs. but you first said that we had copy you and it ins't real(excuse for my bad english :D)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I don't need to fight. Believe me. I wouldn't sound that nice if I had anything against this...

chicken bok bok bok... anyway you guys shouldn't argue over who's d/n tool is better (although the argument is actually pretty funny to read) They both have ups and downs, but I know only one will last for a while, while the other will eventually become mostly unused because of the difference in coding. Why does that matter? well if one is able to support separate day and night wild pokemon data and scripts, it will be more useful for hacking, because it does more than the other one in terms of timed events, although I guess if someone finds out how the timed events in r/s work (like Shoal Cave) it wouldn't matter whose can create time of day events in theirs, as a clean rom would have those possibilities and both will be able to do this, unless one disables this, of course...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
chicken bok bok bok... anyway you guys shouldn't argue over who's d/n tool is better (although the argument is actually pretty funny to read) They both have ups and downs, but I know only one will last for a while, while the other will eventually become mostly unused because of the difference in coding. Why does that matter? well if one is able to support separate day and night wild pokemon data and scripts, it will be more useful for hacking, because it does more than the other one in terms of timed events, although I guess if someone finds out how the timed events in r/s work (like Shoal Cave) it wouldn't matter whose can create time of day events in theirs, as a clean rom would have those possibilities and both will be able to do this, unless one disables this, of course...

Timed events can happen by checking the game's current pallet status. This is an extremely simple matter.

You just have to use an XSE command called comparefarbytetobyte

One single color in the pallet uses a 'word' to tell the game what color it is.
(The 4 digit GBA color code you see in APE)
Now... lets say on a normal basis, the color you are looking at during the day time, is 45AC.
(Just an example, it might not be that.)
But at night time, that value is set to 2AC1...
Well, you would open up your VBA, and go to the pallet viewer, and click on the color described, and it's location in the RAM would be seen...
(Lets say, 0x500532)
SO, you would have the event set up like this;

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
comparefarbytetobyte 0x500532 0x2A
if b_== goto @night
goto @day
--------------------------------

Of course, there is a MUCH easier way, but it requires a flag to be set...

There ARE time based flags in the game...
Just open up the Berry Master, Berry Master's Wife, or the Lottery's scripts, there is a special flag, that you might notice, near the end of the main script... (Like after the berry master gives you your berries.) THAT is a time based flag, that when it is set, will clear itself automatically at 00:00, or 12:00 AM.

There are differences in the ways these can be used, for instance, Time based flags are great for things like a once per day event, and checking the pallet using comparefarbytetobyte is great for events that should ONLY happen at night, or ONLY happen during the day.
(LOL, if that wasn't a +rep worthy post, I dunno what is! (I am NOT asking for +rep, I was posting my opinion.))

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Lol, Thats rather complicated for most users and its wrong... If you like, you can try my checktime routine, anyway, using scripts to build a day night isn't as reliable as ASM. I mean for ASM, you could do a whole process of checking the time and branching it depending on the value you receive from the RTC.

Also, I think there's a day counter too in the RTC ^^

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It uses an halfword (2 byte), a word is 4 byte :)

:p I am tired, it is 3:30 AM here... lol

And @ZodiacdaGreat, that method DOES work... I would know, I just tried it in my Ruby ROM.

So long as the DaN system is on, that particular method does work...
Another would be to use comparefarbytetobyte, with the current time, since that works as well. I know it does, since I have been testing these things out BEFORE I post about them.
Nevertheless, I am glad that big unnecessary argument is over, I mean honestly, we are all good Romhackers here, we should be nice, and work together, not fight and redirect our focus from our hobbies.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Well, it'll only work if you've patched hacklar's Day Night. I wouldn't recommend it :P Comparing the palette ram... lol You might as well, compare the RTC - using comparefarbytetobyte.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Well, it'll only work if you've patched hacklar's Day Night. I wouldn't recommend it :P Comparing the palette ram... lol You might as well, compare the RTC - using comparefarbytetobyte.
Absolutely not... day and night are already in the game (virtually)... We just added the change of palettes.
And like Hack Lars said, RTC is a chip, it's difficult to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back