• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] PGE is broken? Need a Dex data editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
So, I'm hacking Emerald and I want to edit the dex data. They worked, I just wanted to fix how big they were because they were overlapping with the graphics. I correctly used the convenient .ini maker from the emerald engines within the tools and resources thread, with little fixes here and there, got the latest version of PGE, and NONE of the tools work. They either give one of these errors:
Spoiler:

Here's the roms.ini file for Emerald below if that helps any:
Spoiler:

PGE doesn't work, but G3T works perfectly. What could the problem be?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
+1. I've had these problems too with literally any rom I try to edit except clean FireRed/Emerald, and this is the sole reason why I never use PGE if I can help it. It's a buggy piece of うんこ.

Edit: I meant PGE is crud not G3T.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
+1. I've had these problems too with literally any rom I try to edit except clean FireRed/Emerald, and this is the sole reason why I never use Gen3Tools if I can help it. It's a buggy piece of うんこ.

Still better than PGE most of the time tbh

Years
So, I'm hacking Emerald and I want to edit the dex data. They worked, I just wanted to fix how big they were because they were overlapping with the graphics. I correctly used the convenient .ini maker from the emerald engines within the tools and resources thread, with little fixes here and there, got the latest version of PGE, and NONE of the tools work. They either give one of these errors:
Spoiler:

Here's the roms.ini file for Emerald below if that helps any:
Spoiler:

PGE doesn't work, but G3T works perfectly. What could the problem be?

There's also Joexv's Advanced Offset https://github.com/Joexv/Advanced-Offset/releases. I've never had it completely work with an Emerald hack, though.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I have reason to. Your editor breaks things frequently. G3T and G3HS don't.

Except you didn't! You never ****ing did! You didn't even try!

Please reread the license agreement and what I wrote to you in the thread. I have proven in the past that G3HS does break certain things but hey, do what you want. No need for you to high jack other people's thread because you couldn't make things work for you.

Also, PGE is open source. Pull requests are welcome!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Please reread the license agreement and what I wrote to you in the thread. I have proven in the past that G3HS does break certain things but hey, do what you want. No need for you to high jack other people's thread because you couldn't make things work for you.

Also, PGE is open source. Pull requests are welcome!

OK but the part of the ROM that PGE was crashing on wasn't something I had made changes to with G3HS, so no, G3HS is not at fault. PGE not being coded to handle the 25 original unown placeholder is.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
OK but the part of the ROM that PGE was crashing on wasn't something I had made changes to with G3HS, so no, G3HS is not at fault. PGE not being coded to handle the 25 original unown placeholder is.
Jeez, not sure how many times I have to repeat myself.

G3HS does not handle certain things and will break your ROM/compatibility with PGE.

I don't recommend using those slots, hence they are not enabled on purpose. This in no way stops you from editing other Pokémon. If you have a problem with this, make your own fork of PGE or your own tool.

Please go pick arguments with someone else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I don't recommend using those slots, hence they are not enabled on purpose. This in no way stops you from editing other Pokémon. If you have a problem with this, make your own fork of PGE or your own tool.

Please go pick arguments with someone else.

Or you could just enable editing on those slots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Additionally, you're the one that made this an argument.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Or you could just enable editing on those slots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I won't for the reason I already mentioned. Also, you do realize that PGE isn't being worked on anymore right?

Additionally, you're the one that made this an argument.
I believe you came out of left field talking shit on someone else's thread, but hey if it gets you to leave me alone then yeah I started it.

I am requesting that a mod lock this thread as there is nothing constructive being discussed. Thread owner knows where to reach out for support.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Yeah, this thread has no more value and should have been locked a while ago :/

I'd also like to remind everybody to keep discussions clean/ on topic and to try to not get aggressive over a hobby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back