• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Default Essentials "Shift distant battlers" code never activates, and never sends the last Pokemon in a 3v3 match to the center. HELP TOO LONG TO WRIT

Years
  • Default Essentials "Shift distant battlers" code never activates, and never sends the last Pokemon in a 3v3 match to the center. HELP TOO LONG TO WRIT

Default Essentials "Shift distant battlers" code never activates, and never sends the last Pokemon in a 3v3 match to the center, unless BOTH players are down to their last Pokemon.

In a 3v3? Using default V20 Pokemon Essentials, up to date with the hotfix patch? I am.

The "Shift Distant Battlers" code needs a hotfix, because it will only shift Pokemon to the center if BOTH players are down to their last Pokemon.

This means in a 3v3 the last enemy pokemon, often to the left or right side, cannot be attacked by some of your pokemon.

How can I modify this code so that if one battler is down to one Pokemon, their Pokemon will shift towards the center, no matter how many Pokemon their foe is using?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    The shift distant battler code specifically states in the comments that this ONLY triggers if there are no Pokemon in range of each other. So as long as you and the opponent are both capable of targeting at least one Pokemon on the other side of the field, there is no need to shift battlers. So as far as I can tell, it doesn't require a fix, because this is how it was intended to work.

Years
  • Oh. Well, that's kind of dumb. How do I alter the code so that it will shift distant battlers when the foe has 2 Pokemon left, and 1 Pokemon left, so everyone can attack that Pokemon?

Back