• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideas for Pokemon fangames/romhack

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2020
    Hello, everyone :) In this post, I want to list all of my idea that can be used for fangames/romhack. This including pokemon variant ideas, moves ideas, abilities, etc.

1. Each leveling up, every pokemon has probability to learn a legal move (level up/TM/HM/egg move) randomly and sometimes with lower chance can learn any other move that normally can't be learnt by that pokemon.

2. Rideable pokemon works as in Pokemon Sun and Moon but must in the party.

3. New status condition: ilussion. Pokemon with this status condition always uses move randomly and has lowered sp.atk.

4. Upgradable bag.

5. Request system. Every NPC has some chances to give player a request, e.g request for item, trading, send mail, etc and give rewards after fulfilling their request.

6. Super Eevee. A special eevee that can be evolved and de-evolved with special device but lower it's HP stat.

7. Enigma Pokemon. Pokemon with ability that normally it doesn't have. e.g Magikarp with Vital Spirit, Misdreavus with Intimidate, etc. Each pokemon has low chance to have one of any ability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Pretty good, but what do you mean by upgradeable bag?

I think they mean increasing the carrying capacity of the Items pocket.

Most hacks will just have the bag space already be expanded, though it'd be interesting imo to see a hack which starts with the vanilla smaller pocket size which later gives the player the upgraded expanded space

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • About the super eevee just make it so that eeveelutions can evolve into other eeveelutions and use an everstone to revert to eevee

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Hmm i would also like an gen 1-3 hack where the first pokemon follows you and you can talk to it how it feels, that what made me like pokemon HG and it's hacks

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Make your hack with the complete fire red upgrade and add gen 1 beta pokemon like gorochu

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    oh this thing i'ts an very HUGE PROJECT i think all of your features is doable

Back