• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Ligue de Kalos - Kalos Fic

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
Years
  • I am not sure how often I will update this, as I'm currently in college and dealing with a multitude of things currently on my plate.

I apologize if there are any mistakes in grammar! My English is not the best, so a born-American friend of mine offered to helped revise some of the story. Unfortunately, he is not on this website so I cannot link a profile ):

Anyways, enjoy the story!

---
    Chapter 1: New Friends, New Pokemon, and a New Expereince
    ---

"Hello there, Devon. You're new to Pokemon, aren't you?"

A figure walked out of nowhere. The figure seemed to represent a man, about forty. He had messy black hair, a purple sweater, a lab coat, and black pants. He held a Poke Ball in his right hand.

But where did he come from? He just walked in out of nowhere. In fact, nowhere was everywhere in the room. There was nothing to be seen, just a gray background, a darker gray floor, and that's all.

"Creatures known as Pokemon have inhabited the world since ancient times. They come in all different shapes, sizes, colors and forms. Some travel on land, some travel by water. Some fly through the sky. Some teleport. Every Pokemon has different attributes and personalities."

"And you, my friend, are about to start your journey."

Friend? Yo buggin. Who are you?

Suddenly, a huge light shined from far into the grey background. The speed it appeared coupled with the fact it could light lumens could easily blind someone.

"Once you walk through this door, you will begin your journey. You will make new friends and enemies, both Pokemon and human, take on challenyata yata bla bla..."

Beep

---

Beep beep beeeep

Beep beep beeeep

Beep beep beeeep

Bee-

Devon threw his left arm to his nightstand and threw his alarm clock to the wall, effectively shutting it off. "Christ, why's it gotta be 7..." He groaned as he brushed his black hair back.

Then he remembered.

"Oh yeah!" Devon exclaimed. "I get my Pokemon today." He immediately ran out of bed and to his dresser. Devon practically took out the shelf as he got his outside clothes; a blue and silver tracksuit and black shorts.

In an unnecessary rush, he threw on his white sneakers and ran downstairs. Devon was basically tripping down the steps out of excitement; he was about to get his first ever Pokemon. Even though he knew virtually nothing about them, he was still excited to get a new companion.

Devon ran out of his front door, ignoring his dad who was asleep on an armchair centered in the living room.

"Slow down, you don't wanna fall on your egghead." His childhood friend Kyle said as Devon came out of his house. He and Shauna, another friend, were waiting for him outside. "Shut up, we gotta go! The Pokemon could already be taken!" Devon replied.

They were meeting three other kids in Aquacorde Town. They already apparently had a Pokemon each, but Devon was still concerned. Kyle and Shauna nodded and follwed Devon to Aquacorde.

---

"We're here." Kyle said. Aquacorde Town was a very nice town with smooth brick terrain and a fountain in the center of the town. The shops that lined the heart of the town were made of darker, less smooth brick. There was a great view of the river here.

Three children were sitting at a table near a cafe.

"No shit Sherlock, I lead us." Devon said. "Um, who are these people?" Asked a girl with short, black hair and tanned skin. She wore a white half-length shirt and a leopard print skirt. "They're probably other kids that are getting Pokemon from the Professor today." Said a short kid with red hair and a green sweatshirt. "Yeah we are! You guus already got some, I heard?" Shauna asked. "Yeah, didn't he already tell you?" The girl asked. "We have one each, I think, but not from the Professor." The redhead replied. "By the way, it's my understanding that none of us know each other, so we should introduce ourselves."

"Well, us three know each other. My name's Devon though." Devon said, pointing to Shauna and Kyle. "My name's Shauna." Shauna chirped, twirling her brown pigtails. "I'm Kyle, now where's the Poke-" "Not here yet. Obviously. And my names Cleo, but why do you care?" The short-haired girl said. "You ask a lot of questions." Devon retorted. Cleo stuck her tongue out at him.

"My name is Meghan." A girl with blonde hair and a white sweatshirt said. "And I'm Trevor. By the way, they are here, they're just in my backpack. Allow me to get them..." He reached into his backpack, and pulled out a case with 3 Poke Balls inside.

The one to the left was a small rodent, with blades of grass on its head. It had prominent front teeth. The middle one was a fox with yellow and orange fur. Its ears were in the shape of flames. The right one was a light blue frog with yellow eyes. It had a mane of white bubbles that swayed as it moved.

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I want the fox!" Shauna cheered. "Jesus, chill out cheer captain." Meghan said. "Its not like this is some life or death choi-" "YES IT IS." "That would be Fennekin, the fire-type starter. It's pretty fast and has a powerful Ember attack." Trevor said. Devon looked at the Poke Balls. The fox was already claimed, but he didn't really want it anyways. "Well, I choose the grass guy, it looks badass." Kyle said. Does it though? He took the Poke Ball and threw it, sending the Pokemon out. It ran around Kyle in circles while cheering in its. Um, Chespin language.

"That's Chespin, the grass-type starter." Trevor said. "Guess that means I get the frog." Devon said as he sent it out. The bubble frog Pokemon leapt onto his shoulder and did a salute. "And that's Froakie, the water-type starter. By the way, now that you all have Pokemon, you should take these Pokedexes, as they give you exceptional amounts of info-" Trevor was cut off. "Nobody cares about some nerd machine." Cleo said.

"Well, I'll take one!" Shauna said. Devon and Kyle did the same. Fennekin grazed her fur against Shauna's legs, while Chespin and Froakie had a brawl on a nearby table. Devon saw them playing and had an idea. "Hey guys, now that we all have Pokemon, why don't we have ourselves some battles?" He suggested. "Aw hell yeah! You're on!" Kyle declared, smirking. "Chespin! Get ready!" Chespin jumped off the table cutely and skipped over to Kyle. Froakie leapt onto the ground nect to Devon and began glaring at Chespin.

The other four watched attentively. "And so the first battle begins." Meghan said rather sarcastically. Devon looked at his Pokedex to check Froakie's moves; by the looks of it, Froakie knew Pound, Leer, and Bubble. "Froakie, use Pound!" Devon said. Froakie lunged at Chespin and slapped it with one of its amphibian legs. The hedgehog fell backward onto its back, but got up in a few seconds. "You'll pay for that one!" Kyle said before turning to Chespin. "Vine Whip!"

Chespin shot a vine out of its little hand and hit Froakie square in the face with it. Froakie seemed to take a lot of damage from the attack. "Hit him with Bubble!" Froakie shot a countless amount of bubbles from his mouth that popped on impact with Chespin. However, Chespin didn't seem too affected by this. Upon Kyle's command, Chespin slapped Froakie with a vine once again, sending him even further back than before. "Bubble didn't seem to do much... Use Pound!" Devon said. Nothing happened.

He looked down at Froakie. The blue frog was sprawled on the ground with its eyes shut.

"Oh my God! What the- YOU KILLED HIM!" Devon shreiked. "WHAT THE FU-" Kyle was cut off by Trevor. "Relax. He just fainted. He can be recovered at a Pokemon Center, as the nurses there fully heal your Pokemon for you."

"Oh." Devon and Kyle replied sheepishly.

Shauna turned to Megan. "That looked so fun! We should have a battle!" She cheered. Megan sighed. "Let's get this overwith. Go, Ralts." Megan threw a Poke Ball, and out came a short, white monster with a strange pink and green helmet. Fennekin was already beside Shauna, growling at Ralts. "Um... Ember!" Shauna said, looking up from her Pokedex. Fennekin spat an ember from its mouth, hitting and singing the opposing Ralts. "Growl." Meghan countered, before Ralts growled playfully at Fennekin.

"Ember again!" Shauna cheered. Fennekin shot another ember at Ralts, hitting it in the face this time. "Use Confusion now." Meghan commanded. Ralts produced a weak, telekinetic power from its brain, and it seemed to give Fennekin a headache. It fell to the ground, but got up.

"EMBERRR" Shauna shouted. Fennekin shot yet another ember, this time causing Ralts to faint. "Good battle!" Shauna chirped. Meghan rolled her eyes. "It was alright." Trevor, who wad watching the battles more closely than everyone, turned to Cleo. "I guess that leaves us then." He said.

"Yeah it does, get ready to lose! Go Purrloin!" Cleo said before a purple cat jumped out from a Poke Ball and hissed cutely. Trevor threw a Poke Ball and out came a Pichu. "Scratch." Cleo said. Purrloin charged at Pichu and scratched him with its sharp paws. Pichu squealed in response, but remained standing. "Charm!" Trevor said. Pichu turned to Purrloin and glittered his eyes lustfully, causing Purrloin to lower its guard.

"Scratch again!" Cleo commanded. Purrloin scratched Pichu once again, but not as aggressive as the first time. "What? What was that?!" Cleo questioned. "Well, Charm is an attack that lowers the opposing Pokemons' Attack stat. So Purrloin's attacks will do less damage." Trevor explained. Cleo looked somewhat agitated by this. "Oh yeah, its still my turn. Thunder Shock, Pichu!" Trevor said. Pichu began to ignite with static electrical energy before shooting a jolt at Purrloin. Purrloin shrieked a feline voice before falling onto the brick ground, fainting.

"All cause of that rigged Charm thingy." Cleo lamented, saltily. "OH!" Trevor said. "What? You just realized you kiced Cleo's ass?" Kyle said. Cleo rolled her eyes. "No! I forgot to give you guys these letters! Professor Sycamore gave me one for each of us." Trevor explained. He proceeded to hand each of them a letter. "It's for your parents, he said."

"Ooh, we're in trouble." Devon joked. But in reality, he actually had no idea what the letter was about. None of them had any idea.

But it would change their lives in minutes.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This was interesting, but I Just wanted to say that when you start dialogue and it's followed by more the first part is a comma if you use a dialogue descriptor. You had this problem throughout the fanfiction .

Also, when another character is speaking, that dialogue is in a new paragraph.

Other than that, this was pretty funny. If you write more, good luck.

Back