• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] A Battle Revolution story?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Hi, I've begun working on a story centered within the world of the Pokemon Battle Revolution game. I know who I'm going to make my main character and what elements from it I want to incorporate from it to my story, but I want to do some idea gathering.

) What additional characters should I create to make the main ensemble of the team? I have my eyes set on a female deuteragonist but I want to see if expanding it further would be a good call or not.
    ) My main Pokemon team is locked in, but what others would you like to see? Should I keep it to Gens 1-4 or should I include all sorts of Pokemon?
    ) What other colosseums would you want to see, and what kind of leaders or masters of them do you want to see?
    ) Any else you want to suggest for me to consider really

I hope I can get a lot of good replies, and free feel to ask more about what I do have set. I imagine this will feel very nostalgic for people like me who played this game growing up.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • It's hard to believe other people remember that Battle Revolution exists, too! Good luck with this idea btw.

I don't remember much of BR myself but in very general terms of ideas:

additional characters
    Battle Revolution as a setting is prime for a Tournament Arc. Basically you can throw most kinds of characters in and they'd work, but I'd say the two kinds of characters I like to see the more in a tournament arc setting are:

* the battler / student who has followed a given school or training regime most of their lives and now they find themselves in a setting where they have to either man up and do with what they've got, or will have to change their worldview and adapt. Eg.: monotypers.

* trainers who have as their main job different kinds of Pokémon battling than the usual one-on-one (or six-on-six) and are here representing their group or trying to experience something new. Eg.: Pokémon athletes, guards or police officers (perhaps entering as part of a charity drive?).

dex-lock (G1-4)

It's your setting so it goes by your rules. Though nothing in the fundamentals of BR imposes any restriction by generation, so if you want to add the full dex I don't see why not. I do would expect a certain tendency or restriction upon stuff like regional forms, by simple statistics.

anything else?

Without knowing more, difficult to say. But you'll probably have to delve into or lampshade at some point the issue of mons spamming stuff like Surf, Hurricane or EQ in a closed space with numerous people incl. children.

Back