• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Starting position error

Years
    • They or He
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I set a starting position like normal. I click on the starting position in the intro script, and I set it on to the place I want it to start. I'm not running any scripts related to maps and I'm not putting in a new sprite sheet. This used to work on my maps in the past but now it doesn't which is bizarre. There is a starting position set which is the weirdest thing in all this. If I need to start fresh, fine, but I want to know if there's a way I can import my maps into a fresh version of pokemon essentials so I don't have to build them from scratch again.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
    031:StartGame:15:in `initialize'
    386:Main:30:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
    386:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    386:Main:45:in `block in <main>'
    386:Main:44:in `loop'
    386:Main:44:in `<main>'
    -e:in `eval'

This was the error message it gave me in Debug.

Edit: I'm not trying to do anything weird. I was trying to install Essentials Deluxe along with hotfixes 20.1 but I removed it after I got the error, and it's still doing this. Also I don't know how to get rid of the smilies either. I didn't think they would pop up here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I would delete the starting position that isn't working and then just place a new one. You can right click and place by choosing "Player's Starting Position."
    Note this is talking about the event with the big "S" in the middle of the square, and not the Player's Spawn Location.

Back