• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strange Souvenir

Taiji Dragon

Last edited:

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
It looks like a Nosepass, so they're hinting at a Hoenn remake! At least that's what only I think. I don't know about the others.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It says it's a region we've never visited, so it clearly cannot be Hoenn. I wish, though; personally, I loved that place. :( As for Pokémon, I'm not really sure about that… judging from the skeleton, I do agree that it looks sort of humanoid.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you talk to him multiple times, he gives more detail.

He says they have their own league with Gyms, E4, and Champion. Their own set of legends, and that its not "Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova."

He was originally a very huge anchor for the Hoenn remake apostles, but when more info came out and the NPC specifically saying hes not from Hoenn and has a full Region that we haven't seen yet, adding onto his "Well, you'll see soon enough." remarks.

Its a new Region in the works. We're not getting DLCs for X and Y so he's referencing Gen 7 as New Region + New Pokemon = New Generation.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
First and foremost I want to punch every youtuber in the face, they just never shut up and go one and one abotu all their stupid little crap for an hour before getting to the point of ANYTHING in their videos! :D Anyway, I was trying to find a youtube video of the whole conversation and can't find anything of what Khrysta said (can you post a link please?) all I can find is videos showing the hiker saying "The Kalos Region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region. Where is it you ask? I can tell you it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or even Unova" And it even shows them talking to the backpacker again and he just repeats what he said, so I don't know where you read him say all the stuff abotu their own gyms, E4 and so on, but I would really like to please. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrSVZHKSaI )

anyway I REALLY think everyone is looking WAY too much into it. (Gen 7? Already? Come on!) And grossly overlooking the obvious. Remember how Orre was a new region but it was still the same gen? We've already seen the footage for the Wii U (again, youtubers just are incapable of ever shutting the hell up in desperate and failed attempts at being entertaining when they really need to just convey information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAebPeYOaI0 ) so why is a gen 7 MORE likely than simply a new region for the Wii U game? Munchlax was first shown in Colloseum or XD (Can't remember which) and there is already actual indications (not wild speculation based on in game text) of *something* coming for the Wii U. Why not another Orre like region for the Wii U?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Let me see if I can post a video on mobile. Come back to this post when I'm succesful. If not I will message you.

Awesome, thanks! and I'll post the link here because like I said I would like to see more on this subject, the youtube videos I was finding were just rage inducing in their meandering nonsense! Thanks! :D

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
First and foremost I want to punch every youtuber in the face, they just never shut up and go one and one abotu all their stupid little crap for an hour before getting to the point of ANYTHING in their videos! :D Anyway, I was trying to find a youtube video of the whole conversation and can't find anything of what Khrysta said (can you post a link please?) all I can find is videos showing the hiker saying "The Kalos Region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region. Where is it you ask? I can tell you it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or even Unova" And it even shows them talking to the backpacker again and he just repeats what he said, so I don't know where you read him say all the stuff abotu their own gyms, E4 and so on, but I would really like to please. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrSVZHKSaI )

anyway I REALLY think everyone is looking WAY too much into it. (Gen 7? Already? Come on!) And grossly overlooking the obvious. Remember how Orre was a new region but it was still the same gen? We've already seen the footage for the Wii U (again, youtubers just are incapable of ever shutting the hell up in desperate and failed attempts at being entertaining when they really need to just convey information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAebPeYOaI0 ) so why is a gen 7 MORE likely than simply a new region for the Wii U game? Munchlax was first shown in Colloseum or XD (Can't remember which) and there is already actual indications (not wild speculation based on in game text) of *something* coming for the Wii U. Why not another Orre like region for the Wii U?

I vaguely remember him saying the things Khrysta mentioned, but I think her main point was that since the backpacker specifically states that he is from a region that is not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova (and Kalos), that the people who were saying that the backpacker and the Strange Souvenier point to a Hoenn remake are wrong.

Anyway, I think that maybe we'll be getting a new region to play in the next Gen 6 game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I vaguely remember him saying the things Khrysta mentioned, but I think her main point was that since the backpacker specifically states that he is from a region that is not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova (and Kalos), that the people who were saying that the backpacker and the Strange Souvenier point to a Hoenn remake are wrong.

Anyway, I think that maybe we'll be getting a new region to play in the next Gen 6 game.

This is what I was saying.

Well major issue with this idea:

Orre is not acknowledged by Gamefreak. Never will be either. Orre does not exist in the real Pokemon timeline which consists of every major title that makes up the core of the games. Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X and Y.

Please note I do not mention Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or any of the remakes. Yellow was a special Anime tie in so it is by essence a spin off in the form of a main title, though the special minor events do not exist in reoccuring games nor are they referenced. Crystal is in the same boat as Yellow with this regard as it's events aren't recounted in main titles and the Main protagonist doesn't carry over to a remake. Emerald isn't counted because its a combination of two stories into one story. Well why is Platinum counted then? Looker. He is a re-occuring character through the later series games as well as mentions of the Distortion World cropping up in later versions as well. The remakes were not counted as they are re-tellings of older stories with a few minor tweeks that, again do not carry over into later games.

Orre however is not canon. Pokemon traded from Orre have Hoenn as their origin region in later games, so even with the time gone by, Gamefreak do not count any region not made by them as any form of a real region. With the Backpacker mentioning another region so freely, its the biggest red flag that he is not from a spin off. Since he isn't from an existing region and cannot be from a spin off, he's from a new region we haven't yet been to.

A new Region for the Wii U, if made by Gamefreak will still be Generation 7 especially if it includes new Pokemon that are not in Generation 6 games. Its highly unlikely they'll go to this route with their standard of the games needing to be for handheld systems only though.

I'm trying to pull quotes, but so far I've only found 2 and I think there were 4 in total.

The Kalos Region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my Region!
Where is it you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!

The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region!
We have this town that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time.

I do remember one about the "Champion"...and I'm trying to recall what the fourth one was without having to wait four days on my Pokemon X since I haven't gotten the Souvenir on it yet.

Dream_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png

It has PGL art...wow that thing is ugly.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
This is what I was saying.

Well major issue with this idea:

Orre is not acknowledged by Gamefreak. Never will be either. Orre does not exist in the real Pokemon timeline which consists of every major title that makes up the core of the games. Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X and Y.

Please note I do not mention Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or any of the remakes. Yellow was a special Anime tie in so it is by essence a spin off in the form of a main title, though the special minor events do not exist in reoccuring games nor are they referenced. Crystal is in the same boat as Yellow with this regard as it's events aren't recounted in main titles and the Main protagonist doesn't carry over to a remake. Emerald isn't counted because its a combination of two stories into one story. Well why is Platinum counted then? Looker. He is a re-occuring character through the later series games as well as mentions of the Distortion World cropping up in later versions as well. The remakes were not counted as they are re-tellings of older stories with a few minor tweeks that, again do not carry over into later games.

Orre however is not canon. Pokemon traded from Orre have Hoenn as their origin region in later games, so even with the time gone by, Gamefreak do not count any region not made by them as any form of a real region. With the Backpacker mentioning another region so freely, its the biggest red flag that he is not from a spin off. Since he isn't from an existing region and cannot be from a spin off, he's from a new region we haven't yet been to.

A new Region for the Wii U, if made by Gamefreak will still be Generation 7 especially if it includes new Pokemon that are not in Generation 6 games. Its highly unlikely they'll go to this route with their standard of the games needing to be for handheld systems only though.

I'm trying to pull quotes, but so far I've only found 2 and I think there were 4 in total.

The Kalos Region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my Region!
Where is it you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!

The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region!
We have this town that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time.

I do remember one about the "Champion"...and I'm trying to recall what the fourth one was without having to wait four days on my Pokemon X since I haven't gotten the Souvenir on it yet.

Dream_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png

It has PGL art...wow that thing is ugly.

Ugh, I hate having been at work for over a week and missed so much! Anyway, you're COMPLETELY missing my point in that Orre was a region *for the home console* so what I was trying to say is why is is MORE likely a gen 7 region is coming rather than a Wii U version of the game *with it's own region?*

Years
Maybe, just maybe. Hmm, Zygarde is rumored to have one(I've also heard two) new formed. Tho it looks nothing.like Zygarde, It could be a item to change his forme in the next game if they make a new region. Anything is Possible..or maybe not :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ugh, I hate having been at work for over a week and missed so much! Anyway, you're COMPLETELY missing my point in that Orre was a region *for the home console* so what I was trying to say is why is is MORE likely a gen 7 region is coming rather than a Wii U version of the game *with it's own region?*

And you completely ignore the point that Orre is not official. The main games do not associate with spin offs. The backpacker is talking about a new official main game region that has not been revealed as of yet, not a main console spin off.

Gamefreak does not acknowledge Orre. No its not a real region and doesn't exist as far as the official games are concerned. And that's all that matters. The backpacker's region is a new region, its going to be part of a main series game. New region with new Pokemon is a new generation.

We still have at least a year left in XY before another set comes out, but a new generation appearing next is not out of the question. It has as much of a chance of appearing as Remakes or a third/sequel to Gen 6. If the Wii U has its own region made by another company it won't have anything to do with the strange souvenir. Honestly with the 3DS's current capabilities there isn't even a need for a main console title anymore as their purpose was 3D rendering of Pokemon and to give tournament like battles. All can be done of the 3DS's wifi system now.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
And you completely ignore the point that Orre is not official. The main games do not associate with spin offs. The backpacker is talking about a new official main game region that has not been revealed as of yet, not a main console spin off.

Gamefreak does not acknowledge Orre. No its not a real region and doesn't exist as far as the official games are concerned. And that's all that matters. The backpacker's region is a new region, its going to be part of a main series game. New region with new Pokemon is a new generation.

We still have at least a year left in XY before another set comes out, but a new generation appearing next is not out of the question. It has as much of a chance of appearing as Remakes or a third/sequel to Gen 6. If the Wii U has its own region made by another company it won't have anything to do with the strange souvenir. Honestly with the 3DS's current capabilities there isn't even a need for a main console title anymore as their purpose was 3D rendering of Pokemon and to give tournament like battles. All can be done of the 3DS's wifi system now.

Seriously, are you just not reading my posts or something? FORGET Orre, I was making a COMPARISON between the fact that when a console game has come out it's a different region than the handheld games. There's already footage of a possible Wii U game, it's obviously not going to be set in Kalos, therefore simple logic dictates it's going to be set in a different region than X and Y. I honestly don't know how to explain it any more clearly than I have 3 times. I never once said the Wii U game (if it exists) is going to be set in Orre, the amazing thing about making games is just because it's made on a console doesn't mean it HAS to be named orre, it can be named Puppymills, Goldfishenshire, Margentironominowitzenstein, ANYTHING, I unbelievably clearly said that like the gamecube games had their own region, the Wii U game could have it's own, yet you fixate on that Orre isn't cannon (even though Lucario and Munchlax both were first shown in the Gamecube games, but since its not cannon, I guess by that logic Munchlax and Lucario don't exist.) Can you please stop fixating on what you THINK I said and actually read what I did please? Thank you.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Seriously, are you just not reading my posts or something? FORGET Orre, I was making a COMPARISON between the fact that when a console game has come out it's a different region than the handheld games. There's already footage of a possible Wii U game, it's obviously not going to be set in Kalos, therefore simple logic dictates it's going to be set in a different region than X and Y. I honestly don't know how to explain it any more clearly than I have 3 times. I never once said the Wii U game (if it exists) is going to be set in Orre, the amazing thing about making games is just because it's made on a console doesn't mean it HAS to be named orre, it can be named Puppymills, Goldfishenshire, Margentironominowitzenstein, ANYTHING, I unbelievably clearly said that like the gamecube games had their own region, the Wii U game could have it's own, yet you fixate on that Orre isn't cannon (even though Lucario and Munchlax both were first shown in the Gamecube games, but since its not cannon, I guess by that logic Munchlax and Lucario don't exist.) Can you please stop fixating on what you THINK I said and actually read what I did please? Thank you.

You are the one that cannot seem to read as no you never mention anything of the sort. You only kept repeating that the Souvenir is a hint towards a region for the Wii U and kept bringing Orre as your only example. To which the response was, no the Souvenir is a reference to a new MAIN SERIES GAME. Not a Main Console spin off. The Main series games DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE spin off titles as part of Canon history. Further case in point, Orre does not exist in the Canon story. There are no references or links made to Orre in ANY of the main title games. Pokemon traded from Orre to Gen 3 titles are Hoenn or Kanto origin, which ever game they were traded to. What ever Wii U title is coming out will have nothing to do with the Strange Souvenir. Orre and the Gamecube games are also the only two Spin offs on a main console with a regional name. No other Main console game existed in a region, so the premise of your information is false. If the Wii U title is a fighting game as it is rumored to be, it most likely won't have a region either.

The MAIN games make no references to any spin off. Gamefreak don't acknowledge the existance of Spin off titles or any game not made by them. Also what you failed to realize was the Munchlax reference in Gale, Lucario and Riolu references in the PMD games are REFERNCES FROM SPIN OFFS TO MAIN TITLES. The COMPLETE OPPOSITE of your information. They have to acknowledge canon creatures, even as hints to new games. The Main games however do not do this.

The Souvenir is a reference to a new MAIN TITLE game, the backpacker is making references to a new Main region, which based on current standards, is a reference to Generation 7. Even if we don't get it for another two years as per the normal time limit. The Souvenir and Backpacker are from another main series title that does not as of yet exist.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years

Wallace can be battled in the Champion Tournament in B2/W2 and he is only a Champion in Emerald, which means Emerald has to be canon.

Maybe they will do something similar to B2/W2 to a much grander scale. You start your adventure in a new region but travel to Kalos after you become champion(basically Gen2).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wallace can be battled in the Champion Tournament in B2/W2 and he is only a Champion in Emerald, which means Emerald has to be canon.

Not necessarily true. PWT was an add on that isn't part of the main story. He appears as a champion because they needed a specific number and chose to use him for Champion instead of Gym Leader since he also held that title, just as they did with Blue who also held both Gym Leader and Champion title. Koga also despite being a Gym Leader, wasn't available in the tournament and was replaced by his daughter and Giovanni who Blue originally replaced took Blue's spot as Gym Leader to fill in the gap that was made. That's why Juan was used as a Gym Leader, because they needed a specific number of Champion but two of the champions created holes in the Gym Leader Roster.

Other than that, what you quoted was my opinion and not a fact. I never said they weren't Canon as they are all main titles. Yellow was just based off the anime, Crystal was testing the waters with diverted story and adding a female protagonist. All Emerald was was a fusion of Ruby and Sapphire. On its own, it has nothing specially spectacular about it.

Maybe they will do something similar to B2/W2 to a much grander scale. You start your adventure in a new region but travel to Kalos after you become champion(basically Gen2).

As I've said a few times now, That is still Gen 7. If they make a new region, its a new generation as a Main game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
In the story about the war in Kalos the game mentioned neighboring regions. I think the backpacker is referencing one of those. I'm hoping it's an area we can visit in XY2 or whatever comes next. Hopefully we start getting some news for new games this summer. :D

The statue looks like a Probopass sitting on top of a Magnemite to me. My guess goes towards it being Rock/Electric or Steel/Electric.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
You are the one that cannot seem to read as no you never mention anything of the sort. You only kept repeating that the Souvenir is a hint towards a region for the Wii U and kept bringing Orre as your only example. To which the response was, no the Souvenir is a reference to a new MAIN SERIES GAME. Not a Main Console spin off. The Main series games DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE spin off titles as part of Canon history. Further case in point, Orre does not exist in the Canon story. There are no references or links made to Orre in ANY of the main title games. Pokemon traded from Orre to Gen 3 titles are Hoenn or Kanto origin, which ever game they were traded to. What ever Wii U title is coming out will have nothing to do with the Strange Souvenir. Orre and the Gamecube games are also the only two Spin offs on a main console with a regional name. No other Main console game existed in a region, so the premise of your information is false. If the Wii U title is a fighting game as it is rumored to be, it most likely won't have a region either.

The MAIN games make no references to any spin off. Gamefreak don't acknowledge the existance of Spin off titles or any game not made by them. Also what you failed to realize was the Munchlax reference in Gale, Lucario and Riolu references in the PMD games are REFERNCES FROM SPIN OFFS TO MAIN TITLES. The COMPLETE OPPOSITE of your information. They have to acknowledge canon creatures, even as hints to new games. The Main games however do not do this.

The Souvenir is a reference to a new MAIN TITLE game, the backpacker is making references to a new Main region, which based on current standards, is a reference to Generation 7. Even if we don't get it for another two years as per the normal time limit. The Souvenir and Backpacker are from another main series title that does not as of yet exist.

Are you serious? Is this some sort of joke? They never even ANNOUNCED a Wii U Game, that was my ASSUMPTION, so if they never announced the game how can you POSSIBLY say it's a spin off game? How are you SO arrogant that you can't fathom that maybe, (JUST MAYBE) the console game is NOT a spin off, but rather another mainline game? IS THAT what your whole problem is? That console games must ALWAYS be spin offs? No one ever, EVER said that once. The Wii U game is all blind speculation, btu you speak with authority that it (a game that for all we know doens't exist) MUST be a spin off and MUST be set in orre? Wow. That hurts my brain. It really does.

The two years time limit is not for a new gen, it's for the third in the series (or the sequel, as was the case for Black and White 2) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_games_by_release_date

Also what you failed to realize was the Munchlax reference in Gale, Lucario and Riolu references in the PMD games are REFERNCES FROM SPIN OFFS TO MAIN TITLES. The COMPLETE OPPOSITE of your information. They have to acknowledge canon creatures, even as hints to new games.

Again, not reading. I said (again, VERY clearly)
Lucario and Munchlax both were first shown in the Gamecube games

Gale of Darkness - Release Date - Aug 2005 in Japan , Diamon and Pearl released Sept 2006 (And yes, in my haste I typed Lucario when I meant to type Bonsly apparently, but the poit is still the same, 2 gen 4 pokemon were shown in the gamecube games BEFORE they came out in the handheld games, so how is saying exactly what chronoligically happened "the complete opposite" of what I said when you can look up release dates right here on the internet?)

You are the one that cannot seem to read as no you never mention anything of the sort.

Really? I don't mention it's a comparison? Not even in the post you yourself quoted?

Yeah, I hate it when I don't say things I clearly already said. Glad you quoted me, it made it easier for me to find.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Are you serious? Is this some sort of joke? They never even ANNOUNCED a Wii U Game, that was my ASSUMPTION, so if they never announced the game how can you POSSIBLY say it's a spin off game? How are you SO arrogant that you can't fathom that maybe, (JUST MAYBE) the console game is NOT a spin off, but rather another mainline game? IS THAT what your whole problem is? That console games must ALWAYS be spin offs? No one ever, EVER said that once. The Wii U game is all blind speculation, btu you speak with authority that it (a game that for all we know doens't exist) MUST be a spin off and MUST be set in orre? Wow. That hurts my brain. It really does.

I think the thing is is that the Strange Souvenier does not point to or have anything to do with a (main series) WiiU Pokemon game because:
1) The main series games never reference the spin-off games
and
2) The main series games have never been on a console, and there is zero indication that Game Freak will ever put the main series games on anything other than handhelds.

Does that help? Am I even on the same page?

Back