• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Expanding trainers in pokemon emerald

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • To preface this, I did expand the usable flags to 18FF before doing this, but, I'm just lost on how to assign trainer flags to the new flags I put in in place of what there currently is.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=383237

While I've been looking at the thread linked above, I'm uncertain if the ASM is usable for Emerald, or even if it is, what I would need to change for the flags to be fully assigned to the new, expanded flags, as I have 1295 trainers instead of the 1000 trainers that the routine was built for.

If anyone is able to help, I'll be thankful. As things currently stand, most of the trainers past the base Emerald trainers simply reset.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • An Update:

I finally understand that I misread what the purpose of that code SBird wrote was, however when attempting to apply it, it seems to not work. While the proper code DOES exist within Emerald, it simply ends up looping the battle rather than do it properly.

So, my question is, am I simply doing it wrong? I'm going to post the offsets that I found for it. Are they correct? Does this actually work with Emerald? Inside the parenthesis is the code that should be there normally, not edited.

B16C2 - 1st change (A0 21)
    B127A - 2nd change (A0 22 D2 00)
    B17A4 - 3rd change (A0 21)
    B17BC - 4th change (A0 21)
    B17D0 - 5th change (A0 21 C9 05)

Last edited:
    Back