• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Psychotic's X Nuzlocke

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
  • Pokèmon X Nuzlocke

Well, I've never actually done a nuzlocke before. So I saw Achromatic's and asked if i could copy his rules here. I'm really enticed so, I'm just going to jump right in!

- If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and MUST be boxed, never to be used again.
    - Can only capture the first Pokémon per area. If I fail to catch it, no Pokémon for me.
    - If the first Pokémon I find is a duplicate of one I already have, it won't be counted as my first encounter.
    - Each Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    - Two heals per Pokémon center. One before the gym and one after. No gym? One heal.
    - Healing items are allowed, but I will be limiting myself as much as possible.
    - If I find a shiny, I can catch it no matter what. Though this never happens.
    - Battle Style set to Set.
    - If all Pokémon faint, it's game over.

Next post will contain the start of my adventure!

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
    Years
  • Annnnd begin~!

Started with Pinetree the Mild natured Chespin and defeated Shauna's Froakie. Now to head back to the house and start my journey for real. I haven't played this game and ages, and I just realized when you deliver Sycamore's letter to your mom she says could it be a love letter... is she lonely? xD I also bought five pokeball at Aquacorde City, since there's grass just as you exit.

Route 2 (Avance Trail)
    I was met with a female Pidgey the second I set foot in the grass. Hmm... what to name her, what to name her... oh! So Flappy the Pidgey has joined~ As I checked its summary, I realized Flqppy is also mild. Lol I resisted the urge to buy potions, but I did get the two(?) from the promoter. Gonna use it on Flappy, she's in red from her capture so... Yeah. Gonna grind for a bit after I talk to-- oh. Welp, I'm dumb. I thought the boy before the forest had advice, but it turns out he's a trainer battle. Smh. At myself. I won, but had to the last potion to. Ugh. Grinded for just a little bit, then healed at the makeshift center at Aquacorde.

Santalune Forest
    My first encounter... it was a male weedle. I cry. I don't recall ever using a weedle in previous play throughs or games. But I'm not sure if I'll need it as a sacrifice or not so I'll go with it for now. I hit it with tackle from Flappy and almost killed it. Thankfully it survived. Even if just barely. Capture d and named Hemlock after the poisonous plant. He's got a quirky nature. Gonna level a bit. Also, used one potion on him. (There are a lot of them in the forest apparently)

So Shauna heals your Pokèmon in Santalune, so I used it. I'm treating it as a Pokemon Center, so now that I've used her I have no way to heal before I get to the next city. Challenged youngest Joey, I need needle to level up. Switched to Flappy after knocking out scatterbug. Didn't like the type matchup disadvantage against fire. I hope I'm not over leveling. xD Also realized I forgot to change the battle style to set. Doing that now. Lol

Route 3
    Made it without losing anyone! I still need Hemlock to catch up with the rest though. The question becomes which Pokèmon will join my team next..? While in a trainer battle I ended up evolving Hemlock. xD My Hemlock is now a kakuna. My first wild Pokèmon is.... Azuril! I'm glad for this be used now I have something to combat the fire types! Though it DID break out the first time I threw the pokeball. But I continued to try. Then it broke out of the second one and I started to worry. Then the third. But I still wasn't ready to give up. I threw the fourth, and finally, I caught it! Gonna make it my new addition Nami. She's really gonna be a good back up, and she has an impish nature. Probably gonna take the heal in the next city though.

Route 22
    So, headed to route 22, and fought the first battle. Gonna start saving trainers for grinding -- maybe. For now though I have to battle this trainer. I'm hoping to get a Riolu or Litleo. Thank goodness... it was Azuril. I get a second chance. c: but it was another Azuril. Third times a charm? c: AGAIN WITH THE AZURIL??? Try again. ._. Dunsparce. Really??? Ok. Catch and train. That's the objective so... dunsparce. I cry, we lost Hemlock.... rip buddy. We almost lost Flappy too, that rollout is dangerous. Thank goodness I managed to catch it. Oh, right, nicknames.... Hmm...oh! Dune. Yep, so creative right??

Santalune City
    Well, there's a gym so two heals, one before gym one after. Not much to do here before the gym battle, so I'm gonna head back to route 3 then come back. Hence why I skipped to route 22.(Scared to battle rollerskater, lol)

Back to Santalune. Used up one of my heals and boxed Hemlock. Thanks for the help, you will actually be missed. The sassy female Dunsparce had better be worth it. :'( I'm going to challenge the rollerskater now. Hopefully I'll win. Yes! DUNSPARCE WAS WORTH IT! Used rollout to win, haha. Got the rollerskates. Now I'm gonna go for the gym with Flappy. Or try too.

LOL I beat Viola with Dune starting at level 7. Rolled my way through her Pokemon. With rollout. Thank you Dune. >:D He took some damage, but I'll probably wait to heal in Santalune until I've done more training! Next update will be out soon!

Boxed (DED)
    Hemlock (Kakuna)

Boxed (Livin')
    none

dunsparce.gif

Dune Lvl 10
    Sassy, Run Away
    - Rage
    - Pursuit
    - Rollout
    - Spite

azurill.gif