• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Survival Island reboot

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    Hello everyone, I am new to the modding community. So about the title... for those of you who have played the Fan Game: Pokemon Survival Island, you feel like the game itself has entered development hell or has just stopped being updated altogether. So as my first project I have decided to "reboot" the game and design it with my own vision while keeping the core elements from Survival Island intact.

Pokemon Survival Island had the first 5 generations of pokemon in the game with only the first 3 generations being catchable. In this reboot version I am planning on using every pokemon up to gen 7 along with Mega Evo's and Z-crystals.

I have a firm idea of the direction I would like to take this game and have a few idea's as well on how to implement some of the newer things like Mega Evolutions and Z-Crystals and how to obtain them. My largest roadblocks currently are: 1) learning RPG Maker in general with Essentials and 2) Finding the right tilesets to get good cohesion when changing maps.

Since this is my first project I have to decline to anybody who wishes to join the project, I understand the more the merrier but would like to fully understand the software and develop my own skillset before I make the move to a team.

Thank you to those who wish me luck and I hope to have a demo sometime soon for everyone to play with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    So... Any news about this ambitious project of yours?

So as of current the project is on hold as I am working on another project for an old PS1 game that I adored as a child. I do have some stuff for the reboot of Survival Island, but my PS1 mod project is taking priority as it's a bunch of binary code with hexadecimal value's and offsets I need to debug through to get intended results for use in the mod. So I do plan on returning to work on the mod just not in the near future.

AtomicDinkus

President Of Russia
    Years
  • Just got around to see this one again, looks like it won't be done, lol.
    I know, i would have loved it too. Maybe one day i'll learn to make games with RPG Maker and make a game like Survival Island.
    With different story oc, dont want to plagiarize original works... Also i thought the og survival island was too slow, i look forward to getting around it someday.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I actually picked up development of Survival Island around December 2020, but I haven't released it yet due to waiting on a response from ferriswheel42, whom may never respond. I got it updated all the way up to one of the Git releases of 18.1, and spent the last few months adding to and polishing the game.

Back