• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Problems with the Pokédex

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Hey Guys,

I've been working on a new project for a while now, but now that I've added my Pokédex in I'm running in to a problem.
Whatever I do the Pokédex shows up empty:
1.png

This is the event that adds the pokedex.
3.png

I even tryed to unlock all dexes with a script but it still shows up empty.
I also added the Pokédexes in the debug mode but still the same problem.
2.png

I've tryed things like removing the regional dexes and even when I start a new game I still run into the same problem.

What ever I do I can't seem to get the Pokédex to work.

If anyone has any ideas, help would be really appreciated.

VanillaSunshine

.。.:*バニラ陽光*:. 。.
Years
Are you using Marin's DP Pause Menu? I've encountered this exact same bug, which disappeared when I removed that script.
(If you aren't using that script, I'd love to hear what scripts you are using, because I haven't gotten around to reporting the bug to Marin and I'd hate it to be a false-equivalency on my part and waste his time fixing something that isn't to do with his scripts.)

But just in case it's not the fault of that script, and because I'm stubborn and like using Marin's scripts, I found a temporary workaround:
In the Settings script (the one at the very top of the Scripts list), change the DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to equal "true". This effectively disables that screen you showed, and just goes straight to the Dex that corresponds to the region your player is currently in (which is defined by that map's Map Position).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Are you using Marin's DP Pause Menu? I've encountered this exact same bug, which disappeared when I removed that script.
(If you aren't using that script, I'd love to hear what scripts you are using, because I haven't gotten around to reporting the bug to Marin and I'd hate it to be a false-equivalency on my part and waste his time fixing something that isn't to do with his scripts.)

But just in case it's not the fault of that script, and because I'm stubborn and like using Marin's scripts, I found a temporary workaround:
In the Settings script (the one at the very top of the Scripts list), change the DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to equal "true". This effectively disables that screen you showed, and just goes straight to the Dex that corresponds to the region your player is currently in (which is defined by that map's Map Position).

I'm indeed useing Marin's DP Pause Menu. So it seems that the script might cause the problem.

Your fix does help. But by useing this workaround I can only use the National Dex?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
The issue is solved by adding pbSetViableDexes below def initialize ~line 54. I've just updated the script and thread to include this fix.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
The issue is solved by adding pbSetViableDexes below def initialize ~line 54. I've just updated the script and thread to include this fix.

Thanks for the quick response the Issue is fixed now by adding the code :)

Back