• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plz Rate my Soul Silver team and do some sugestions

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2012
    I'm playing pokémon Soul Silver and I just beated the E4. Remember that I will need at least Fly and Surf in my main team.

Plz rate 0/10 each pokémon and make sugestions :)

Houndoom (1)

- Flamethrower (Fire)
    - Dark Pulse (Dark)
    - Thunder Fang (Thunder)
    - Solarbeam (Grass)

(Super efective: Water-, Flying-, Grass-, Psychic-, Ice-, Bug-, Ghost- and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Tyranitar (2)

- Crunch (Dark)
    - Earthquake (Ground)
    - Trash (Normal)
    - Rock Slide (Rock)

(Super efective: Fire-, Flying-, Poison-, Electric-, Psychic-, Ice-, Rock-, Bug- and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Dragonite (3)

- Fly (Flying)
    - Outrage (Dragon)
    - Extremespeed (Normal)
    - Thunder Punch (Electric)

(Super efective: Flying-, Water-, Dragon-, and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Gengar (4)

- Dark Pulse (Dark)
    - Hipnosis (Psychic)
    - Shadow Ball (Ghost)
    - Psychic (Psychic)

(Super efective: Poison-, Psychic- and Ghost-Type Pokémon)

Feraligatr (5)

- Surf (Water)
    - Hydro Cannon (Water)
    - Ice Punch (Ice)
    - Superpower (Fight)

(Super efective: Normal-, Fire, Flying-, Ground-, Rock-, Dragon-, Ghost-, Dark-, Steel- and Ice-Type Pokémon)

Ampharos (6)

- Thunder (Electric)
    - Signal Beam (Bug)
    - Focus Blast (Fight)
    - Thunder Wave (Electric)

(Super efective: Normal-, Water-, Flying-, Grass-, Psychic-, Rock-, Ice- and Dark-Type Pokémon)

I can use the following pokémon to KO each type:

Normal: (5)/(6)
    Fire: (2)/(5)
    Fight: (3)/(4)
    Water: (1)/(6)`
    Flying: (1)/(2)/(5)/(6)
    Grass: (1)/(3)/(5)/(6)
    Poison: (2)/(4)
    Electric: (2)
    Ground: (1)/(5)
    Psychic: (1)/(2)/(4)/(6)
    Rock: (1)/(2)/(5)/(6)
    Ice: (1)/(2)/(5)/(6)
    Bug: (1)/(2)/(3)
    Dragon: (3)/(5)
    Ghost: (1)/(2)/(4)
    Dark: (5)/(6)

Note: The numbers 1/6 match the Party: Houndoom = (1)/ Tyranitar = (2)/ etc...

PS: I actually changed a little, because of the feedback and this is what i got.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Houndoom

- Flamethrower (Fire)
    - Crunch (Dark)
    - Thunder Fang (Thunder)
    - Nasty Plot (Dark)

(Super efective: Water-, Flying-, Grass-, Psychic-, Ice-, Bug-, Ghost- and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Tyranitar

- Dark Pulse (Dark)
    - Earthquake (Ground)
    - Trash (Normal)
    - Rock Slide (Rock)

(Super efective: Fire-, Flying-, Poison-, Electric-, Psychic-, Ice-, Rock-, Bug- and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Dragonite

- Fly (Flying)
    - Outrage (Dragon)
    - Extremespeed (Normal)
    - Fire Blast (Fire)

(Super efective: Grass-, Bug-, Dragon-, Ice- and Steel-Type Pokémon)

Gengar

- Dark Pulse (Dark)
    - Hipnosis (Psychic)
    - Shadow Ball (Ghost)
    - Psychic (Psychic)

(Super efective: Poison-, Psychic- and Ghost-Type Pokémon)

Feraligatr

- Surf (Water)
    - Hydro Cannon (Water)
    - Blyzard (Ice)
    - Focus Blast (Fight)

(Super efective: Normal-, Fire, Flying-, Ground-, Rock-, Dragon-, Ghost-, Dark-, Steel- and Ice-Type Pokémon)

I'm srsly thinking in add a Ampharos that knows Signal Beam (Bug) to take down Dark-Type Pkmn's and Thunder (Electric) for Water-type Pkmn's cause the only Pkmn I have that is good against water is Houndoom...

Your team is actually quite a powerhouse. Personally, I don't think your team needs much adjustment, but it does have its little flaws that are easy to fix. I'm not excellent at rating teams, but I'll help out in any way I can. c:

Like I said before, your team is a powerhouse. Although there a few things that need a littlwe changing. Firstly, with Tyranitar, if you're looking for a dark type move, you'll want a physical one, scine Tyranitar is more of a physical attacker than a special one, so Crunch would be ideal in this situation. I'd also teach Tyranitar via the move tutor Ice Punch, along with Superpower. Outrage is also a possibility but rockslide is good nonetheless, so really it's up to you here.

I'd definitely go for raising an ampharos since you'll find it extremely useful in fighting the Elite Four -- especially Lance. You'll want to be careful though, two of your major team members are weak against ice types, so an ice-type counter would also be handy. On feraligatr, I'd suggest him to forget Hydro Cannon, in replace for Waterfall, to provide for a good STAB move, but you have surf it seems, so I'd replace Hydro Cannon with a move of a different type.

Gengar seems good for now, and dragonite too is following the same path, but I'd suggest removing its Fly and replacing it with Thunder Punch or Fire Punch/Ice Punch (Especially Fire Punch/Ice Punch countering its two weaknesses - Ice and Dragon types.)

And, that's it. I hope you found some of these little suggestions helpful! Like I said, I'm not the best team rater, but I did my best. Enjoy your game!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Looks good to me. The only thing I noticed is Gengar might be better if he had Dream Eater cuz it gives you health back and inflicts a ton of damage. But It's not recommended; just a thought. It's better than my team which is a lvl 5 Totodile lol.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'll move this to the In-game Team Help section which is where stuff like this belongs (4th gen discussion is for, well, discussions on 4th gen games, not for team advice like that one is).

Back