• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issues with Installing Complete FireRed Upgrade (CFRU)

Years
    • Any pronouns
    • Seen Mar 16, 2022
    I haven't been able to find a fix to this issue I'm having anywhere, I've just been completely stumped on this. Whenever I attempt to run make.py, everything goes through completely normally until I get this error.

devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\/arm-none-eabi-ld: ./build\a13fb24d798320e110820980ef95c4cb.o: in function `gUnknown_841F428':

(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `sTempTextPrinter'

I'm fairly confident that the issue is something to do with devkitPro, but I'm not sure what in particular. Does anyone have a fix to this?

EDIT:
    I once again have managed to figure it out on my own, turns out there was something wrong with the files in the CFRU folder which wouldn't let it insert things correctly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I haven't been able to find a fix to this issue I'm having anywhere, I've just been completely stumped on this. Whenever I attempt to run make.py, everything goes through completely normally until I get this error.

devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\/arm-none-eabi-ld: ./build\a13fb24d798320e110820980ef95c4cb.o: in function `gUnknown_841F428':

(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `sTempTextPrinter'

I'm fairly confident that the issue is something to do with devkitPro, but I'm not sure what in particular. Does anyone have a fix to this?

EDIT:
    I once again have managed to figure it out on my own, turns out there was something wrong with the files in the CFRU folder which wouldn't let it insert things correctly.

did you remember to run "clean.py all" before making again after doing your edits?
    because it specifically said the problem was in your build data, and not in some other file.

./build\a13fb24d798320e110820980ef95c4cb.o:

of course I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

Back