• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Anyone break down the process for adding abilities?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    From what I could see, it seems to be spread across a large number of files depending on the ability's affect.

The: build pokemon file, abilities file, ability description strings, ability description table, ability battle efffects, damage calc, and then the turn start or turn end files depending on when the ability would activate. And of course the graphical stuff.

So what I'd want to know is if that sounds like all of them, what if any I missed, and most importantly if someone could provide a guide for adding abilities.

Thanks.

*also to the mods thanks for moving this to help, must have been more tired than i thought.

Last edited:
    Back