• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need help

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hello there, I'm creating my first ROM Hack and I need some help.

I've done almost 90% of them, and saved all my doubts for one thred; because I don't found this answers anywhere.

Obs: I'm using the Complete Fire Red Upgrade for ROM BASE.

Here we go:

1) How do I edit / create roaming legendaries?
    - I want to all roaming legendarys of gen 2 and 3 (raikou, entei, suicune, latios and latias) be able to get in my rom. There is somehow to do that?

2) How do I create legendary portals?
    - Some roms has those purple dimensional portals that starts a battle with a legendary pokemon when you interact to it. How do I create that?

3) How to edit the way to get Trainer Card stars?
    - I want to make all 4 stars of Fire Red be able to get without the wireless adaptor thing. So, there is somehow to edit the star given by the "Pokemon Jump"?

4) How to edit the Old Lady House in Seven Island?
    - In Sevii Island number 7, there is a house with a Old Lady. In the original game, we need mystery gift to make her move the boxes. There is somehow to edit this script to make the mystery gift unnecessary? (Obs: I tried to simply remove the boxes with map editor, but this causes a weird bug that you fight the Aqua Team leader using a ???????? pokemon).

Thank you very much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hello there, I'm creating my first ROM Hack and I need some help.

I've done almost 90% of them, and saved all my doubts for one thred; because I don't found this answers anywhere.

Obs: I'm using the Complete Fire Red Upgrade for ROM BASE.

Here we go:

1) How do I edit / create roaming legendaries?
    - I want to all roaming legendarys of gen 2 and 3 (raikou, entei, suicune, latios and latias) be able to get in my rom. There is somehow to do that?

2) How do I create legendary portals?
    - Some roms has those purple dimensional portals that starts a battle with a legendary pokemon when you interact to it. How do I create that?

3) How to edit the way to get Trainer Card stars?
    - I want to make all 4 stars of Fire Red be able to get without the wireless adaptor thing. So, there is somehow to edit the star given by the "Pokemon Jump"?

4) How to edit the Old Lady House in Seven Island?
    - In Sevii Island number 7, there is a house with a Old Lady. In the original game, we need mystery gift to make her move the boxes. There is somehow to edit this script to make the mystery gift unnecessary? (Obs: I tried to simply remove the boxes with map editor, but this causes a weird bug that you fight the Aqua Team leader using a ???????? pokemon).

Thank you very much!

1-3)

simple answer you can't in binary.
    complex answer possibly with asm.

what exactly are you trying to do there?
    I'm assuming what needs doing it uses a flag check, if you can find it by opening the npc script, or a level script in the house.

Then I'd say change the flag/checks to something else, the player could reasonably get in game.

edit

oh you're using cfru, that's different,
    check the cfru doc, for how roaming legendaries work by default first.

Then use visual studio (community) or some similar program to search the entire repository for arguments involving "Roaming"
    if you can find data for it in the files you can change it.

3- trainer card stars, I'm not sure for cfru, but for decomp there's an entire file specifically about the trainer card, so just search for trainer_card

the portals are a graphical issue, so you'd need to create the graphic and animation if it doesn't already exist. (I think, I'm not a map maker, you should ask a map maker about that)

and again see if there's anything in the files about the old lady on seven island if not refer to my previous statement.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    1-3)

simple answer you can't in binary.
    complex answer possibly with asm.

what exactly are you trying to do there?
    I'm assuming what needs doing it uses a flag check, if you can find it by opening the npc script, or a level script in the house.

Then I'd say change the flag/checks to something else, the player could reasonably get in game.

edit

oh you're using cfru, that's different,
    check the cfru doc, for how roaming legendaries work by default first.

Then use visual studio (community) or some similar program to search the entire repository for arguments involving "Roaming"
    if you can find data for it in the files you can change it.

3- trainer card stars, I'm not sure for cfru, but for decomp there's an entire file specifically about the trainer card, so just search for trainer_card

the portals are a graphical issue, so you'd need to create the graphic and animation if it doesn't already exist. (I think, I'm not a map maker, you should ask a map maker about that)

and again see if there's anything in the files about the old lady on seven island if not refer to my previous statement.

Hi man, thanks for your answers. It helped me a lot.

So I checked the CFRU documents and found out there is a script for creating roaming pokemon.

This one:
    Code:
    setvar 0x8000 SPECIES_CHARMANDER 'Charmander should roam
    setvar 0x8001 25 'Level 25
    setvar 0x8002 0x1 'Can roam on land
    setvar 0x8003 0x0 'Cannot roam on water
    special 0x129 'Create roaming Pokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @TooManyRoamers
    setvar 0x8000 SPECIES_CHARMANDER 'Find map where Charmander is roaming
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x59 'Buffer roaming text
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @NotRoaming
    msgbox @Saw 0x6 '[buffer1]! They said a\n[buffer2] appeared there!

About the Old Lady in Seven Island, I tried to delete every event and scripts in both floors of her house, but the weird battle against Archie (Leader of Aqua Team) stills happens. So probably the mystery gift events are deeply inscripted inside the game.

What I was trying to do exactly is to make the Old Lady battle works without the player need to use Mystery Gift. For example: Player gives some item to the Lady and then she clear the boxes out and make him battle against the correct trainer just like he used Mystery Gift. But I don't know if it is possible.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hi man, thanks for your answers. It helped me a lot.

About the Old Lady in Seven Island, I tried to delete every event and scripts in both floors of her house, but the weird battle against Archie (Leader of Aqua Team) stills happens. So probably the mystery gift events are deeply inscripted inside the game.

What I was trying to do exactly is to make the Old Lady battle works without the player need to use Mystery Gift. For example: Player gives some item to the Lady and then she clear the boxes out and make him battle against the correct trainer just like he used Mystery Gift. But I don't know if it is possible.

yeah once you've installed cfru, open her map in advance map 1.9.5, check for level script, as well as her npc script.

See if you can spot any flag or variable that specifically ties it to mystery gift.

Check the cfru files too, for the map, to see if there's anything there.

if its something you can change try setting to a different check, otherwise leave it as is, because you never no what could break.

that's the best i've got.

Back