• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

[Snivy Baroque]

Shinigami Snivy
Years
I met three, but one was taken and an a**hole, one had a 'queen bee' attitude and thought way too highly of his 350 lb. self, and one was a punk who acted like he was too good for anyone :(

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I know a few gay kids, most of them are either "in your face" about it, or are whiney can be. I think they are all attractive looking people, but they need to grow up.
I know a lot of girls who are open about their sexuality.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I would probably never date anyone that I knew personally o.o Most of them are kids of course... and I'm not really into kids x.x I've realized that after a bit of dating/flirting experience (not pro in either of course <.<). I'm pretty much the complete opposite of a pedophile... though there are of course limits to how much older, I'd date <.<

I actually know quite a few gay guys at my high school. The proportion is completely uncanny o.o' Not bad... just strange... All whiny though :x Another reason why I won't date kids <3 Be a man, sir ;)

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
^Oh, I'm sure there is someone for you c:
One thing I would try doing, if your up for it. Is maybe consider online dating?
I've done it, and currently am doing it <3

Just have faith in yourself, and something will spark ;)

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Online dating is better than nothing in some situations.

Aaaand, I'm gonna go ahead and (re-)add you to the list, Lyra.

edit: Or not, because Andy beat me. xD

Kano Shuuya

Years
Oh, I agree. Though, I also think it's sad to hear that such a large amount of LGBT kids / adults have to rely on online dating. I'm not saying that to sound mean, it's just something that I've found. :/ I even have a friend who's parents would flip if they found out she was gay, so she's 21 and she's never dated IRL, and just has to keep trying to find someone online.

It's just too bad that families, or societies, or people's own fears keep them from dating face to face. Granted, some people choose to date online as a preference, and that's okay too.~

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
^I choose to date online, because irl everyone I know is either in my personal friendzone, I can't stand, or is already in a relationship. My friends and family are fine with me being polysexual and transgender, they don't even mind if I date online.

The reason why is that I find people who have better chemistry with me online than people hanging around my school. xD

Kano Shuuya

Years
That makes sense. It's also tough when you're trans as well. I have slight gender issues as well, as far as being FtM, though they aren't as strong now, so I could date IRL and be fine with being seen as female. Though, I used to rely pretty heavily on dating online, because I can't pass as male IRL. Maybe. Almost. but not quite. XD Not that I care now days.

But I get the whole thing about people you know either being friends, or taken. -w-

edit: also sorry, we're taking over. Anyone can feel free to blow into this conversation and derail it. XDD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Online dating is better than nothing in some situations.

Aaaand, I'm gonna go ahead and (re-)add you to the list, Lyra.

edit: Or not, because Andy beat me. xD

Fwahahahaha, just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not here! XD
-invisible ninja-

I know a few gay kids, most of them are either "in your face" about it, or are whiney can be. I think they are all attractive looking people, but they need to grow up.

I do agree to some extent, and it can be quite annoying - but I also don't think it's something that's exclusive to homosexuality; it's just a matter of maturity in general. Think of it this way: on one hand, you have an open effeminate gay 14 year old guy (and I say effeminate as the effeminate gay men often don't often have the option of hiding in the closet as their feminine nature reveals their sexuality whether they want it to or not) being unsure of how to handle the issue around others, so he ends up over-compensating by acting flamboyantly and finding a way to inject a mention of his sexuality into every conversation. It comes off incredibly obnoxious and he stands out like an Umbreon in a snowstorm.

On the other hand, you have a straight 14 year old guy growing into his sexuality who feels the need to assert his masculinity by acting like a tough guy at every given opportunity.

Both, in my opinion, are equally annoying - but which is more noticeable? It's the gay guy, because there are way less of him than there are of them. And the sheer volume of straight guys acting tough only accentuates the contrast.

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
^Yeah....every group or minority has people who seek out attention. I think any kind of person who needs to drag extra attention to themselves, or even try to make up homophobia is just wrong.
Now, I'm mostly venting about this one gay kid who is one of the officers of GSA. Its actually one of the reasons I don't go there anymore. I shouldn't judge as I heard he has "grown up" a bit ever sense December. However, I think it takes more than a month to mature yourself from point A to point B.

Ok, I'm just rambling on now, xD. Rally though. Don't try to turn every situation into a hate crime. That is wrong!

Shining Raichu

Years
LynLyra said:
However, I think it takes more than a month to mature yourself from point A to point B

Not necessarily. I think if immature behaviour is the problem, then it can be fixed in an instant. If people are telling you he's grown up, perhaps he has! I'd give it another shot anyway; what can it hurt? You are only in school for so long, you only have a limited amount of time to be in the GSA or whatever - don't waste it!

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Not necessarily. I think if immature behaviour is the problem, then it can be fixed in an instant. If people are telling you he's grown up, perhaps he has! I'd give it another shot anyway; what can it hurt? You are only in school for so long, you only have a limited amount of time to be in the GSA or whatever - don't waste it!

But, it can be hard for some people to notice the changes :3 *would know from experience*

I've done a bit of online dating too. I went back and forth between having a friend introduce me to guys and the internet. It's all about resourcing o.o I live in one of the most phobic states so I really did need the extra help. I'm currently dating someone atm so I'm not really interested anymore of course x3 He was one of the one's my friend interested me to.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
There are only like 2 other gay guys at my school that are out, and both are so flamboyant, it's pretty annoying. I've been out for about 4 years now, and I've met a lot of LGBT kids fromt his Dutch site, they hold these meetings all over the country. Pretty fun, but I've never dated anyone from there even though that was kind of my reason to be there. I like some of them, but most of the people there are all about drama and cliques, not my thing at all.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've never tried online dating personally... although it's probably okay if you met someone in a place like this, and then ended up liking them over time. I would never try an actual dating site though, even though like I've said, I have zero chance of finding someone irl here.

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
^Well I was able to meet someone as wonderful as Ashley on here/serebii!

Sites made for dating are probably not the best place. Really any social area, from a dating site, to here, from facebook to a minecraft server. You can find someone with chemistry.

You'll find someone, one way or another!

Shining Raichu

Years
I've tried online dating before with this guy I really liked (well I still do like him, we're still friends I think). In the end though, I think online relationships are just way harder to maintain because you can't see each other and there's no physicality to the relationship. It wasn't really a matter of a 'gay guy having to resort to online' in my case, it was just that I found someone I really liked.

Back